A friend of mine gave me a recipe for an oven made loaf of bread. I liked the way it sounded, so I thought I would give it a whirl and convert it to bread maker style!
I succeeded!!!
Honey Oatmeal Bread
here are the oven directions in case you want to give it a try:
1 c quick cooking oatmeal
1/3 c butter
2 c boiling water
1/2 c honey
1 T salt
2 (1/4 oz) pkg active dry yeast
2 eggs
6 1/4 to 7 c flour
In large bowl combine oats, butter, boiling water, honey and salt. Cool to warm (warm to me is when I dip my pinky in the center and it does not feel hot...otherwise 105-115 degrees). Stir in yeast. Add eggs and 2 1/2 c flour. Beat at med speed, scraping bowl often until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to make dough easy to handle. Turn onto lightly floured surface, knead until smooth and elastic (about 10 min). Place in greased bowl, turn grease side up. Cover and let rise in warm place until double in size (about 1 hour). Dough is ready if indentation remains when touched. Punch down dough, divide into thirds. Shape each third into loaf. Place loaves in 2 greased 8x4 loaf pans. Cover, let rise until double in size (about 1 hr) Heat oven to 350 degrees and bake for 25-35 min or until loaf sounds hollow when tapped. Remove from pans immediately.
And here are the bread maker directions (with my modifications):
3/4c Cooking oats
2 Tbsp melted butter
1c warm water
1/4c honey (I use agave)
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp yeast
1 egg
3 1/2c bread flour
Add to machine, set to medium darkness on regular cycle.
Yummilicious!
1 comment:
I am DEFINITELY gonna try this. Looks soooo yummy. THanks for sharing! =D
Post a Comment