
This has been a pretty busy weekend... well, at least it feels that way! Friday night we decided to take Carly out to dinner and take her to Polaris Mall to spend her birthday money and gift cards. She found some cute cloths and a neckless... mommy found Satsuma, daddy found an OSU shirt, and Abby and the baby were left hung out to dry! Anyhow... going back to Wednesday, Carly got a cupcake for the night of her birthday and a really cute card from Tom and I.

She smiles... but I think she was a little ticked at how 'girly' the card was! I laugh!!!

Make a wish!

Her cupcake (and cake, soon to see) was made here at Pattycake. It is an all vegan bakery... this is nice because then Isabella can enjoy the festivities too :)

Saturday morning we had to run a few errands in Columbus, so on the way back we stopped off at Tom's (family friend) cafe... I didn't have a blog going back then... but Christmas (maybe Christmas Eve) we had a power outage all night, so we packed up our dinner and took it to Tom's cafe... where he put it all together and saved the night! Anyhow, we did breakfast at his place... it's always nice going there... the environment is so
gemütlich.

Here is Carly with her vegan Carrot cake... yummy!

Tom suggested Abby try the 'Buckeye Waffle'... a waffle smothered in peanut butter, chocolate chips and powdered sugar. I wanted an omelet, so he made me one with everything on the counter... literally!

Here is the front of 'The Best' cafe... I just looked up some of the reviews to copy a link here to... but I am disappointed that one customer had a bad experience and I think she should try again... so I won't post the link... if you are itching to see, you can google it! It is located in Westerville, OH.

So we went to Target today. I need a new bathing suit... the one that was my grandmas (which by the way I am thinking of you grandma and we all miss you deeply) is nice and functional... but by wearing it at a college, I totally date myself... plus I wanted a back-up! Anyhow, we went to Target... and if you know my girls, you know that they all (Isabella included) have shoe fetishes. Abby loved these purple heels... the lady behind me probably thought that I was a wackado letting my children try on shoes... but hey, it's all in fun and games! And maybe this is a little bias, but I think she looks really cute in them!
After Target, I took the girls to our friends Michelle and Erins house. Erin informed me that on Sundays, Baja Sol Cantina
http://www.baja-sol.com/has specials... KIDS EAT FREE!!! So for $11.00 (with tip) we all ate, drank and had LOADS of chips & salsa! The girls ordered flavored lemonade... Carly, blueberry and Abby, strawberry... and they WERE INCLUDED in the free'ness! Score!

And to make matters more unbelievable, their drinks came in these fancy glasses... even sugar around the rim! Nice :0)

The baby slept through it all in the stroller that Michelle and Erin gave us... see (sorry mom, maybe this is a bad way to tell you) when we took the car in for the last bit of work, I took the stroller out and left it on the patio. I have done this many-o-times (left the stroller out)... well I didn't account for the moisture in the air this time, as it has been rainy lately... well, the stroller was succumb by mold. I'm talkin' serious mold infection... like so much mold that even bleach would not kill it. It was that bad. So thankfully our friends generously gave us the stroller they used for Alex :) The stroller that has put on many miles since Isabella's birth is retiring to stroller heaven tomorrow (AKA, the dump)... hopefully no one picks it up in the middle of the night- it is in some sad shape and has seen much better days! But we will always have our memories ;)
So that is the weekend in a nutshell... oh, I also took them swimming today- this time I paid for Isabella to go to the babysitting room, that way I could enjoy a little time with just Carly and Abby. It was nice :) Tom has been VERY busy... he worked the Blue Jackets game Saturday night and then worked the Browns game in Cleveland today... he should be home late tonight... and then we all get to start the new week tomorrow. Joy.
:
1 comment:
LMAO, that was a pretty girly bday card. I'm so jealous of the cupcake. Those are my weakness!! The carrot cake looks awesome! Another weakness. Ok, who am I kidding, any baked goodie is my weakness.
AND OMG, that buckeye waffle.....I'm salavating. Thanks for sharing all those wonderful pictures becuase I'm dying here now.
Those purple highheels looked great on her by the way. So cute and stylish!
Post a Comment