Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Here you go dad :)

I have been told that I needed to update my blog... so here goes!
Life has been pretty busy lately. It seems as though during the week, all we have time for is eating, sleeping and bathrooming...with less of the sleep part!

Isabella is recovering nicely from her ear tube surgery. She just celebrated her 18 month 'birthday', so she graduated from the infant to toddler room at her daycare. Carly and Abby are doing great... becoming more and more like fish with every weekend that passes. Tom is working hard with Henry and is managing to deal with his injured foot. I am working part time in the Molecular Genetics lab and continuing to go to full time classes.
Here are some pictures of random events over the last week... enjoy!

Carly and Abby at the top of the base of the driveway (I am standing in the street)

We are surrounded by corn fields...so I thought it would be great to have the girls stand behind (inside) the stalks...but they were not having it :( So here they are in front. I thought this picture looked great when I took it- but after it was on the computer I noticed that Abby has a monstrous look upon her face and Isabella is not even looking at the camera! Naturally

This one is MUCH better... you can kind of get a feel for how tall the corn stalks are. My guess is about 6 1/2 feet tall... at least



Yummy!


Another one of the pretty weeds/flowers... however you want to look at it :)



This was just a single flower amongst all the grass. I have NO IDEA how I spotted it! Talk about a needle in a haystack!

Another pretty weed


On the day we arrived home from Isabella's ear tube surgery, the city was in the yard cutting back trees. Of course. Luckily they were not too loud. If you look closely at this picture, you will see a man strapped to the top of this ginormous tree.

In our driveway. I wanted to get closer- but was afraid to go outside!

A HUGE spider on the screen of Henry and Peggy's back porch. She is laying atop her egg sack...imagine all the babies in that sack... ICK!
Butterfly on the 'Butterfly Weed'. Geeze, and to think that when we pulled weeds, I almost got rid of this entire plant!
Gazing into Isabella's big, beautiful blue eyes....
Poolside... again
Those chompers have gotten her into a lot of trouble lately. Isabella's latest thing is biting. So if you have any ideas to get a toddler to stop biting, I am open to suggestions. We have tried everything under the sun...nothing works. As a matter of fact, she laughs when she is 'punished'... or shakes her head no. Sigh. Terrible Two's at 18 months. I think we got robbed of 6 months.

No comments: