Sunday, August 16, 2009

Isabella, Go Potty...



Carly was potty trained when she discovered that she had a baby sister who also wore diapers. Abby was potty trained by the age of 2, more because she needed to be trained in order to attend the daycare that was at the hospital that I worked for in AZ. Anyhow, with Isabella we are taking a more gradual, proactive approach to potty training. We want her to become familiar with the bathroom, the toilet and toilet paper. We want to teach her that they are all not just happy-dirty toys, filled with icky germs!
A few months back we bought her her very own potty chair... which, at first, she was not interested in; so we eased off the topic. Well lately she has become a bit more captivated by the hunk of plastic that draws dust to it- in the bathroom. So going off her cues, we have decided that us girls will take her in the restroom every now and then, whenever we 'need to go'. Isabella has taken a liking to the idea so much that she will tell us when she wants to have some John time...but doesn't actually do any peeing!
Here are a few pictures and video of her toitie time :)

please excuse the blurriness...I didn't have the flash on :(


She loves playing with the toilet paper roll... kids.




2 comments:

Heather said...

I saw cute baby butt!! I like the proactive approach. We bought a potty a few months back too. Dakota has just started showing an interest by patting her booty then sitting down on it. She has yet to pee in it, but at least she associates it with positiveness! Is that even a word? Excuse my grammer. LOL. Anyway, GO ISABELLA!!!!!!!

Nichole said...

She has yet to pee in it. I ask her if she has to go potty and she say "u-hu" and makes a b-line to the bathroom...I take off her diaper and she just sits there. I think the day she actually goes will catch her by surprise. But until then, I keep asking...and going throught the motions!