Lost in a HUGE tree!
My beautiful babies
Recently, the OSU main library (Thompson Library) reopened after many moons of being closed down for improvements. After 108.something MILLION dollars, it has a new look and feel to it. I was not around to see the asbestos filled, non-lighting, unwelcoming library... but I tell ya, this new look is beyond words.
There are 11 floors, each with it's own spectacularness... if that is even a word! The top floor has multiple wonderful views North, South, East and West of campus. The 11th floor is also a great place to come hang out and do some relaxing and/or reading. It is an open space with plenty of seating and chill music- making this the utmost ambient place to be in the building! At least that is my opinion of it! Each of the 2nd-4th floors is broken up into mezzanine level- each overlooking the ground level below. Most definitely not the place to be if you are afraid of heights!
The ground floor entry brings you to a small coffee/cafe stand... as you cross over to the library, you find your way making it up the most beautiful green granite staircase. From there you can look up in aww... you are surrounded by glass walls and staircases. Not the place to be during an earthquake... hum, wonder if there has ever been earthquakes here in Ohio. Great, something to fear! Oh, I need to mention, on the floor and elevator walls (throughout the library) are etched ornamental drawings of all sort. Hieroglyphics, ABC's, ASL hand signs... and others that I have no idea what they are, or their meaning...but they are pretty non the less.
Anyhow, here is a link to the original floor plans that were the bases of the library's new look.
The point of this blog... Last Friday I decided to take the girls on a tour of the library. Below are pictures that we took. I hope you enjoy them and the grandeur view from the 11th floor



1 comment:
Wow, that museum, I mean, library is A-MA-ZING!!!!!!! Their attention to detail with the hieroglyphics is just too cool. What a really neat library!
I loved the pictures of the girls looking out the windows. The buildings outside are SO pretty!
Oh, and beautiful babies indeed!! I love seeing pictures of the three of them together. You are so lucky, and so blessed!!!
Post a Comment