Wednesday, August 26, 2009

The Wheels on the Bus...

go round and round, round and round, round and round!

Today Carly and Abby started the 2009/10 school year. Hard to believe that 1) this summer has gone by so fast and 2) Carly is in Jr. High and Abby is in the 3rd grade!

Both got an early start...the bus picks Carly up at 6:30am... and Abby, about an hour and a half later. Both were very eager, and I think Carly's nerves were getting to her... she spontaneously woke up before her alarm went off. Tom and I were already awake with Isabella- the little stinker was up at 4am!

They ate a nice, hearty breakfast and made their way down the driveway. Carly much earlier of course!

Abby and Carly before leaving off to the bus stop... AKA, the base of the driveway!

Abby's bus :)

Our neighbors driveway acts as a turnaround point for the bus driver... see our two homes are the only ones in our area that are within the district boundaries of their schools. We live a little over 10 miles from Abby's school, and 15 from Carly's... you think that's unbelievable... there is a middle school about 2 miles away from our house... but that is Granville for ya!

Isabella at the door of her classroom... I couldn't leave her out of this blog post!


Playing Ring Around the Rosie

Carly taking off to catch the bus... garbage in-tote! She didn't want anyone to go with her... probably a wise idea; because I would take pictures!!!
\
Abby in the car anxiously waiting :)

Hugs bye-bye





And then they came home...
School is let out an hour apart. So Carly (and I) were already home when
Abby finally strolled up the drive :)


I didn't post sooner- but here are pictures from Abby's back to school night. All new and returning students were sent on a mission to find particular classrooms (ie., gym, art room, their class, library, et.al.)- so most of the shots are of her and her mission to fill up her "passport". After their passports were completed, they could get a cup of ice cream (from the PTO) and submit it into a drawing. I don't recall the prize, but it was only one winner...so we decided to keep her passport instead for her 'memory box'. Which makes me think; maybe I should do a memory box post someday. You'd be amazed at the stuff I have kept over the years...OK, some of you won't be!



3 comments:

Heather said...

What a great post!! It makes me look forward to Dakota's first day of school. Abby's outfit is absolutely darling! I bet they had a blast with the whole back-to-school shopping. I love how you remembered Isabella too. So cute! And I really look forward to seeing the memory box post. Don't keep me in suspense woman. I want to see it soon. hehe, JK!! By the way, how big is the box? Maybe I should do something like that....hmmmmm! = )

The Band said...

ur girls are so beautiful niki. u must be so proud of them!

Nichole said...

The memory box is a large rubbermaid tub. I have two for both Carly and Abby, one for Isabella (so far) and one with just birthday stuff in, of all three.