Saturday, August 22, 2009

Boardwalk, Park Place, O'My!

It's that time... time of the week when we sit down and enjoy a little family time playing games :)

Tom is the shoe (naturally), I was the iron (what a wifely thing to be), Abby was the car and Carly was the hat







Our beginning loot.
So a little about our game... We decided that on the first round, it was OK to buy land (anticipating this would speed up the game). Carly was the first to buy land. Tom was the first to buy homes. Abby was the first to purchase hotels. Niki was the first to a) mortgage her land b) what would be equivalent to foreclosing and c) going bankrupt and leaving the game.
A little over three hours later, Tom and the girls were playing speedopoly... it was pretty crazy. At 10:45pm, the game was called. Tom owned the blues (Park Place and Boardwalk)-with hotels, the greens- with two home on each and something else that I am forgetting. Carly owned the red land (TN ave, etc.)- with hotels, the purple land, two railroads and both utilities. Abby owned the light blue, the yellows (the ones I foreclosed on! haha), the pinks and two railroads... she wound up having to sale her hotels to cover the costs of landing on Tom's $1500.00 Park Place :(
All and all it was a great game... I think that it would be safe to say that it was a toss up between Tom and Carly winning!




3 comments:

Heather said...

I love game night!! Your game night that is. We don't have game night yet. Dakota would just eat all the pieces, as I'm sure Isabella would too. HA!! Looks like a fun time!! What a great family thing to do = )

Nichole said...

It is so much fun. We just have to make sure Isabella is in bed first... otherwise we would never make it through a round!

Heather said...

Haha, I bet!! You'd be missing game pieces and lots of fake $$$$