Not too far from where we live is the Velvet Ice Cream Factory... so this weekend we decided to make a trip to see what all the hype is about. We had a great time touring the grounds, old machines, museum and playing in the interactive area.I do have one complaint though... they are very overpriced. For the price of a cone and scoop, we could go to the market and get a gallon! So we passed on the ice cream... but nonetheless, it was a great outing :)
http://www.velveticecream.com/index.asp
A ginormous watermill that may or may not supply energy to the factory... I didn't ask if it is functional... but it is still a beautiful piece of architecture :)
Don't you just wish you had these flavors in your freezer? Ha! Maybe if you are a pregnant woman with crazy cravings! Sauerkraut, yuuuuuum. Horseradish and beer, even yummier!
The steps to making ice cream... maybe that is what I should try making next. I am feeling adventurous!
Scooper's, scooper's and more scooper's!
Pretty interesting facts on the outside of the mill. They had many 'machines' for seed milling... but there were just so many pictures.


1 comment:
Boooo on being overpriced, but I guess you pay for the experience. I'd say it's worth it. The place looks super cool!!! As for flavors...DISGUSTING!!! Tell me that's a joke...lol. I love how much we are alike...we take gazillions of pictures. But I love capturing a story through pictures!
Post a Comment