Sunday afternoon was our softball tournament... did we win? Ha...
So for those of you that don't know, our team is better off being called the "Bad News Bears", we are just that great ;) In the league that we are in, it only takes two wins to make it to the play-offs. Well, we won our two games... by forfeit! In our first (and only) play-off game, we were matched up against the best team in the league. Go figure. We were the home team, so we were up to bat first. During that first at bat, we actually scored twice... yes actually! However, it was pretty much down hill from there....
Our short-stop, Megan, is the bomb--and during one of the first few innings she took a dive for a ground ball and wound up hurting herself pretty bad. She messed up her hip and pulled a hammy. Then, Patience, our second baseman, took a ground ball to the ankle. It was, no joke, like the shot heard 'round the world. EVERYONE heard it...but she somehow walked it off. By the end of the inning though, she had an ankle the size of a tennis ball. Theeeen, during some inning, I took a pitch to the shin... this was on the same leg that I took a practice throw to the foot. Needless to say that by the 7th inning, 3 out of us 4 girls were hurting. Plus Sam, our third baseman, pulled something and was hurting too. We were in no way going to 1) feel OK to play, and 2) make a comeback from 20-2. So we called it a game. Sad, but true.
Monday, August 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
OMG are you serious?!?! I can't believe all of you got hurt during that game. What are the chances. Talk about bad luck!! I loved playing softball as a kid, and I SOOO wish I could play for an adult league. However, I have pretty bad knees and would probably end up dislocating my knee for the bazillionth time, which just doesn't make it worth it. {sigh} Glad to see you're out there enjoying something so fun!! Go NIKI!!
Post a Comment