Thursday, March 25, 2010

Blankie


"I understand that you little guys start out with your woobies and you think they're great... and they are, they are terrific. But pretty soon, a woobie isn't enough. You're out on the street trying to score an electric blanket, or maybe a quilt. And the next thing you know, you're strung out on bedspreads Ken. That's serious"

~Jack Butler (Micheal Keaton), Mr. Mom








Blankie has put on many miles. Blankie has been to numerous locations...and has the scars to prove it! By no means is blankie on it's final thread- I have just been thinking lately about the future. What is Isa going to go through when Blankie has to go? How long do we keep Blankie? To ease my fears, I have begun a search to find a 'replacement', if something should ever happen. Tom disagrees.
See, it all started when friends of ours, Kelly & Chris, gave us the blanket at my baby shower. It was so clean. So soft and cuddly. Now it is filthy and warn, but hey, it's hers. Anyhow, had I known back then (January 2008) that my child was going to become so attached to this thing, I would have bought a back-up blankie. However, it is to late for that now. I have searched high and low for "Tiddliwinks- Under The Sea (sea turtle)" fleece blanket. But I can not find one ANYWHERE! I guess that is what happens when styles change at the rate of changing a babies diaper. LOL! Every time I am at a Target, I always check their shelves... hoping that one day it will miraculously appear!
For now we just have one Blankie. She takes that thing everywhere. They don't call it a security blanket for nothing... it makes her heart smile. You thought we were bad with the paci's... this blanket concept is far worse! She has often acquired the nickname "Linus" after Linus Van Pelt of the Peanuts. Only instead of holding her blanket over her shoulder, she drags it behind her- which get the germaphobe in me at times.
Anyhow, I put together some random pictures of her and her Blankie- I hope you enjoy :)
A while back I wrote about Blankie (but not in great length). Click here and you can recall.




No comments: