Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Word Vomit

I'm having a day that just gets better by the hour *sigh*. That is complete sarcasm there ;)



My blogs are usually pretty happy, but today is going to be the exception to the trend. Reminds me of a dream I had not to long ago. A friend of mine told me that my blogs were to depressing, and I needed to make them a little more happy. Well, to you- a depressing blog. See if you hijack my dreams again! ;)



My day started out with Isabella waking at 3:18am- I remember the time to the minute. Up until then I had enough sleep to survive the day...but I was really hoping for a few more hours- as would any normal humanbeing. At about 5ish I decided to make coffee and breakfast for Isa. I put a little apricot toast together for myself. All was fine and dandy. My morning routine was coming together nicely...actually a little better (dispite the early rise). By about 6 I decided it was time to gather my cloths for the day and hit the shower. I went on a man hunt for my cloths. Yeah, so that didn't go over to well. It was at this very moment I should have guessed that my day was going to have a common theme.

Laundry has been put on the back burner for a few days. I am so backed up in laundry that it is going to be an all day affair when I get to it. I am beyond up to my ankle or knees in dirty clothing...I am more like up to my neck! Tom and Henry were going to balance the washer, but someone got hurt! So I am thinking that if I am ever going to have cloths to wear again, I am going to have to help him myself :) So because of my limited wardrob to cover the lower half of my body, I am left with no other option but to wear the pants I wore yesterday. Ick

Moving on from this scenerio. I am now driving to school. Have I told you how dumb some of the drivers are here? I think that in order to obtain a licence (in any of the contenntial US) you must successfully pass a driven test in California...over a three day period... in the morning, afternoon and evening...on the 5 freeway, and not in Northern Ca...unless it is the Bay area or Oakland. If you can drive without crashing, getting pulled over or worse, you get a licence! OK, so I arrive at school and have to wait for a space to become availible. Since I have never purchased a parking permit, I have to park in the visitor/hourly parking. Finally get the spot, when low and behold...no debt card in my wallet. >:-( (which is a whole other story for another day). Luckily I had a little in cash on me, bust since the stupid machines only accept credit or quarters, I was off on a new mission. The goal this time was to find change...and hope I don't get a ticket in the meanwhile. My first stop was the Student Union (in the parking lot)- they have a cash register, they would have change...you'd think. But apparently their cash registers don't contain change-W.T.H??? What is a cash register without change? Duh. That was the silliest thing I had heard in a long time. Finally I get my quarters- and thankfully I got no ticket...lord knows I haven't even paid the last $50.00 ticket I got for parking in Lot A (staff parking). I am now officially broke. No money for lunch...not even a $1.25 for a pop or water. The closest I came to that was $.95. That sucked.

Off to class I go. However, I had to use the restroom. I hit up my favorite stall in University Hall basement (girls write on the stall wall, and it's funny to see how catty women are...even in a stall). I pee. Go to wipe. *sorry for the graphics* And guess what...? Aww crap (not literally), NO TP!!! Luckily there was one other girl in there, and she ever so kindly gave me some. My hero. So I arrive to class. The instructor announces that he is going to return our mid term at the end of class. Stew on that pressure. He starts talking about the book we are about to take a journey on... and guess what? Niki has the wrong edition. So my page numbers don't match the study guide. At least I have the right book thought, right? Wrong. I didn't read enough. Top it off, pop quiz. WTH? Why me? Why today?

So I am going to stop here with my rant. But believe me, my day did not get any better. As a matter of fact, was roller coaster of ups and downs. Now I sit here typing, uber cranky, and I think my family is ready to throw me into the Olentangy River!

I will end this word vomit with a couple happy things to say.
1) I got a B on my mid term. Not bad considering I didn't read one of the books, or answer one of the short answer questions, and
2) Isabella is learning ASL in daycare and has mastered "finished", "eat" and "more". It's very cute- and super helpful at meal time!

1 comment:

Heather said...

So sorry to hear about your horrible day. Doesn't it just stink when things snowball throughout your day? Hate it!!

Congrats on the B though!! That's awesome. And good job to Isabella for learning ASL, she sounds like Miss Smarty pants!