I have given in. After much thought about the risks and benefits of immunizations, I folded.
Tom said that he supported whatever decision that I made, so I made it. Isabella is now current on her DTaP, Polio and MMR. Those are the 'biggies' so to speak. I did decline the chicken pox vac, and there is currently a shortage of the Hib vac.-although Isabella does have three doses of that complete...so at least she has some coverage.
All children's vaccinations are done through the county... perhaps to keep accurate records????? And I am not sure if that is county by county thing in the state of Ohio, but regardless she is up to Ohioan standards. She got stuck four times. One DTaP, one Prevnar (I have always opt not to do it- and had a mental breakdown while being asked if I wanted Isa to have it-so I went ahead and did it *sigh*), and the MMR was split...but I am not sure how.
This is a bitter sweet moment for me. I have a devil and angel hovering on my shoulders. Did I do the right thing? Am I sure? What if? What if this was a huge mistake? Ugh?
Isabella is currently resting. I gave her Tylenol for any discomfort or fever that may occur and lots of TLC. I just hope that this was the right choice. I have always believed in signs and fate, and lately she has been going through bouts of illnesses and rashes...possibly messages from a higher being telling me "HEY...". She picks illnesses up so easily...I'd hate for her to pick up something so life threatening and have her little body be compromised. Perhaps her immune system is not as strong as we thought...maybe it is... but I don't want to take that chance.
So go ahead, point your fingers at my failure. I gave up standing my ground... but I did it with love.

One (of four) of Isabella's boo-boos from the vaccinations.
All smiles...naturally... although she was not this happy when the nurse stuck her!

1 comment:
Failure? I totally support you for getting her vaccinated! I'm proud of you. Now I know my voice of support probably won't make that devil on your shoulder disappear, but I truly believe you did the right thing. Isabella is now protected from those nasty things out there, and you can be rest assured she will be just fine. Good for you Nikki!! =D
Post a Comment