Love fills the moment
and the moment begins eternity
Love fills a lifetime
and a lifetime begins this hour
Thirteen years ago today, I married my best friend and the man of my dreams.
Tom and I were married at the First Congregational Church in California, at 2 o'clock in the afternoon. It was a beautiful California day, and everything was just as it was suppose to be. My dress, his tux, the flowers, my bridesmaids, his groomsman, the limo and the reception...everything perfect. Our reception was held at the Ebell Club in Fullerton and was full of music, dancing and fine wine (and hard alcohol was smuggled in!). Tom and I stayed in town after the reception, and left the following morning to Mexico.
So here we are 13 years later, happier than we were back then. Our lives have been blessed with three beautiful daughters, and life experiences most would have given up on. Our love is strong and nothing can break the connection that we have...and to think that most thought we would not make it 13 days! Ha.
13th Anniversaries are marked by lace and textiles... So Tom bought me a terrycloth teddy bear and 13 flowers wrapped with a lace bow! (I put them in a vase from home and tied the lace around the vase)
13th Anniversaries are marked by lace and textiles... So Tom bought me a terrycloth teddy bear and 13 flowers wrapped with a lace bow! (I put them in a vase from home and tied the lace around the vase)
Here is our Wedding rings, flowers, invitation and my pearl neck less. My dream was to have fresh flowers galore! The small cake at the top left is our anniversary cake, surrounded with peach roses
The wedding party outside the church. (L-R) Tami, Jaysun, Michelle (Maid of Honor), Tom/Niki, Tim (Best Man), Angela & Ryan
(I love my dress-although it doesn't quite fit the same!)

Cutting the best wedding cake in the world!

Cutting the best wedding cake in the world!
(L-R) Bethany, Deanna, Michelle, Angela, Tami
Niki
(L-R) Jaysun, Tim, Tom & Ryan

Horseback riding on the beach in Mexico. Some of those poor horses looked like they were going to fall over and collapse! I almost feel bad for riding this one. Needless to say, it was a great experience full of memories
We had another roll of film, but we won't discuss what happened to it. OK, we will. On the morning of number 3 (maybe 3...could have been 4), Tom says "what's this button do?"...he proceeds to hit the button, and the film door opens-exposing all the film to light...thus ruining every picture. Including: Our romantic dinner looking out onto the ocean, other pictures of Mexico and the trip there, and a few *blushes* provocative pictures. So I guess it was best that it is gone! I can't remember what else was on that ill fated roll, but it is in the past now, and I have memories in my mind that will live on forever *as she snickers!*.
I have never let Tom forget this incident...much like he has not let me forget about the $99.00 car. But that is a story for a different day!

Horseback riding on the beach in Mexico. Some of those poor horses looked like they were going to fall over and collapse! I almost feel bad for riding this one. Needless to say, it was a great experience full of memories
7 months after we were married, we were expecting Carly. During our 1st anniversary I was 5 months pregnant. Since I couldn't do much, we went out on a romantic dinner at Charlie Brown's in Long Beach... to try and recapture those similiar moments on our honeymoon. After, we strolled along the beach and ate our 1 year anniversary top cake. I have pictures of that 1st year...somewhere!
Funny (ironic) little info, I was pregnant for our 8th anniversary with Abby; and for our 11th anniversary Isabella was exactly 1 month old! This anniversary, I am happy to announce......
I am NOT pregnant!!!!





2 comments:
Awww, that is so cute. Happy anniversary guys. Loves and Kisses from the both of us!!
Aww Nikki, I love the photos of your beautiful wedding day and honeymoon. By the way, I would have been SO peeved if that happened to my photos. But then again, what can you do right? Happy Anniversary to the two of you. May the next 13 years be just as wonderful as the last!!
Post a Comment