So today I received a call to come get Isabella from daycare- she has a fever of 102*. Ooookie-dokie. Since Tom and Carly are in DC, I had no choice but to take my math quiz and jet.
On the way to my car I call to make an appointment for Isa to see her doctor, an alternative doctor, a nurse practitioner, or heck...anyone capable of diagnosing her at this point. While on the phone with the front office lady, I explain to her that Isabella has a cough, she is teething and that she has had a low grade fever of 100*-102* over the last three days. She proceeds to tell me that 102* is not low grade. Whatever. Yes it is. At any rate, she gets us in at 6:30pm tonight.
Not 5 minutes later, Angie, Dr. Campbell's nurse calls me and says to bring Isabella in ASAP. Fine. We get there and she (Angie) tells me that Pertussis is making it's rounds in Central Ohio. Their office alone has seen 14 cases in the last month. That and the flipping H1N1. Sigh. I ever so nicely told them that she is teething and that we either have a cold or the flu... both of which I am more than educated enough to know that there is NOTHING THAT CAN BE DONE. Errrr (yes, I am frustrated). I did however ask Dr. Campbell to look into her right ear, because she is still sensitive with it. He did, and she has another ear infection. So we are treating that. I am not a 100% barbaric freak that doesn't treat my children (or vaccinate). This is the 4th (3rd documented) ear infection since January. With our insurance...or maybe it is Ohio medical standards, after the 4th documented infection in 6 months, we are referred to an ENT specialist. So that may be in the future... I'd like it not to be... but then again, we'd possibly get answers!
So here I am, home again with a sick baby. It's really getting old! Hopefully she gets better soon...I can't miss much more of school! Oh, and if you are wondering-she is current with her DTaP :) so she should be covered against the whooping cough.
Here is some CDC info if you want to read more :)
http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dbmd/Diseaseinfo/pertussis_t.htm
Tuesday, May 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment