8 years ago today, at 9:30am, Abigail entered our world. She weighed in at 6lbs 4 oz and was 19 inches long. We couldn't have asked for a more perfect baby :)
After spending more than a week in the hospital, sick with pre-eclampsia, Dr. Rogers decided it was best for my health to induce my labor, and get her out. There was really no hope in me getting better-the risk was just to much to remain pregnant any longer. After performing one last ultrasound, and turning her (which hurt like h e-double hockey sticks), we would begin the process of induction. Prior to this, I was given two steroid shots to help her lungs mature faster...see, I was only 34 weeks when I entered the hospital. By 35 weeks it was go time! Since Abby was missing out on the important last 5 weeks or so of being inutero, all we could do was hope that she was ready to enter the world with success. I was told that she would have her own NICU staff since she was so early, and appeared via ultrasound to be tiny (5-5 1/2 lbs). We started the pitocin at about 5am and by 7am my water broke on it's own. From there it was pain and pushing!
Her birth itself was a very memorable one. I won't go into details, but the doctor nearly missed out on her birth. I had to refrain from pushing for what seemed like an eternity, but was only like 10 minutes.
She was born healthy as can be. She was actually so healthy that Dr. Rogers released us to go home on the 23rd... a little over 24 hours after having her. It took a little begging, but she let us. I had a motive...my baby shower! My baby shower was planned for the 23rd, months before going into the hospital. I was in no way missing out on our shower! Coming home was bitter sweet... I was finally back home, but now we had this brand new baby to care for. Luckily that first day she had many, many friends and family members that could not keep her out of their arms!
We are so thankful that Abby is apart of our lives. She is Toms Tater, and my Sunshine. Nicknames that she has acquired and will keep for a lifetime. She is smart, beautiful and a girl with a huge heart. She is the warmest person that I know...I could not imagine another 8 year old as kind and as loving as she is.
She is a true red head...
She is full of spunk...but within 10 seconds her attitude can change. She may have her moments, but we would not trade her for the world!
She is full of spunk...but within 10 seconds her attitude can change. She may have her moments, but we would not trade her for the world!
We love you baby!
Happy Birthday


1 comment:
What a beautiful little girl you have!! I can see where Abby got the nickname sunshine, she has a smile that could make anyone smile. God only knows what her personality is like, which I'm sure is where she really got her nickname. You are blessed to have 3 beautiful, happy, healthy girls. Happy Birthday Abby!!!
Post a Comment