
Columbus Art Museum meet Isabella and Niki.
Or shall I say, we meet the museum.
I have a research paper that I am currently working on that involves Egyptian statues that were created as a residing place for the Ka, if for some reason the body should disintegrate in the mummy embalming process. Anyhow, long story short. The Columbus Museum of Art has a HUGE Egyptian art showcase until the first part of June. So I decided to take the baby with, and give her a good dose of culture.
On day one (yes it was a two day process) she was locked up in her stroller. I had no camera. Just a pen and paper. I was there strictly to get business done. However, when I got home I realized that I had missed a vital element that was necessary for my paper. The accession number.

I did have my phone... which has a camera. So I was able to get a couple pictures in on day one. I couldn't take pictures of the Egyptian art because it was a special exhibit. But believe me... if there were not attendants walking around scoping everyone out like hawks, you betcha'... I would have taken several pictures. Buuut, being the good little citizen that I am , I did not! Instead I have these pictures of the 'Live Forever' banner on the outside of the Columbus Museum of Art (CMA)
Day two rolls around (thank goodness they didn't collect my ticket on day one!)
Camera a
Kid a
Walking shoes a
Time to spare a
Oh, a little warning: Most photo's are blurry because you can't use flash in the museum...and the lighting inside is pretty *raspberry/thumbs down* poor. Naturally.
This piece is called 'Nocturnal Navigator'. Isabella absolutely LOVED it! Or maybe it was that she was running free and out of her stroller. But at any rate, she could not get enough of it.
This is a very kid friendly exhibit about the Aztec People. It is a fun interactive room.
Isabella seated nicely next to a tin horse, located in the cafe eating/seating area.
Isabella playing dress-up in the interactive kids area. She was not to thrilled with dressing up. It hindered her walking speed! She did enjoy the gigantic mirror though. She enjoys looking at the person on the other side :0)
Tearing things a part is what she does best. Here she is playing with the wall art. The figures have magnets and can be placed in the square scenes way above her head. So in her case, it's easier to just throw them on the floor and call it 'Toddler Wall/Floor Art' :)
Posing for mommy in the Aztec room... with her paci of course. Her blankie was inside the stroller. Two things we don't leave the house without!
Isabella with the Nocturnal Navigator. I'm telling ya'...she would not stop pointing and talking to this statue. I'm sure if we could have somehow smuggled it out, she would have made it a permanent play toy!
This is in the elevator. I wanted a shot of her just to show the gargantuous size of this thing. I normally hate elevators, but this one I felt completely comfortable in. I swear this thing was the size of a small bedroom! It even had 8 electrical outlets! Whoa! Not only was it long, it was tall. I'm talking a good 15+ feet.
Hum. I just had an epiphany. They need a large elevator to get some of the pieces of art to and from the basement and upper floors. Doy.

Finally, Isabella and I stand in front of (I am guessing here) glass blown by
Dale Chihuly.
Finally, Isabella and I stand in front of (I am guessing here) glass blown by
Dale Chihuly.
He has fantastic glass work. Absolutely stunning! Here is his website to check out more of his work. He is AMAZING! http://www.chihuly.com/
1 comment:
That's a really cool museum. It looks like Isabella wanted to play and climb all over the exhibits. What a character!!
Post a Comment