So the computer is officially scraps of plastic and metal. No warranty is going to cover this... so until we pinch nickels and dimes from where the sun don't shine... or pull bills off the money tree, this is one of the last blogs until we get a new computer.
See, it all started when I left a cup of joe next to the computer. Coffee + Toddler + Computer= Disaster! She dumped the cup (when no one was looking) all over the table. By the time I noticed, it was too late. The liquid had made it's way through the hard drive--without my knowledge (or consent!). The fried computer started out having keyboard issues (see the previous blog errors)... then the day after, the entire machine was on the fritz and the keyboard was completely not working. =/
So as of last night, Tom could not access the hard drive. He is going to give it one last try today... hopefully we can at least pull the pictures and videos off of it. That's all I am begging God for! But my momstincts tell me that it's not going to work... Something about a loud, obnoxious buzzing noise tells me that nothing is salvageable!
So here's to the end of a great computer and a toddler who ruined it! LOL! It's OK though... it was an accident. Carly feels terrible too...see, she was suppose to be keeping an eye on the baby... but I blame more myself--I am the one that left the darn cup out!
Best Buy has the same computer on sale now (hopefully for a while), and we are going to try to save for that... but it might be a few weeks :( So if you would like to contribute to the "New Computer/Lifeline Fund", please feel free too... Best Buy gift cards are appreciated! LOL =)
1 comment:
You can pull the hard drive out and for about $20 get a case for it to plug it in to a usb of a new computer. I've done it multiple times and if should work just fine. I've lost at least three. :) milk once, dropping once and the other time I can't even remember. Virus or something. They are hardier than you think. The computer itself might be crap but the drive itself should be ok.
Post a Comment