
So this is weird. Just roll with me for a minute.
Up until a few weeks ago, Pegs mom had no idea that we were living in 'her apartment'. Well, one afternoon she opened the door to be told that someone was in her space. Peg was with her mother all afternoon and once she left her mom's new place, she got a call. Mom said to maybe find a couple to move into the apartment... well... that is when Peg told her about the five of us living there.
Now fast forward a few days...
Mom had this dresser/vanity that she needed to get rid of. Peg told us that mom wanted us to be able to use it and that it fits nicely in the bedroom. So Peg raved and raved about how great this dresser was. "It's beautiful", "it has a full mirror", "it has three drawers across and three down"... "it's old- but not antique, old". All these wonderful things she had said made us a little apprehensive to say yes to it. But we finally agreed and made room for it.
Peg comes home Friday night with it. Wrapped in the back of the truck. Tom and I began to unload it. Here is where it gets weird. Ironic? A sign? Whatever you wanna call it. I call it Grandma.
He proceeds to hand me the drawers... one by one. I carry each in. By the second round I give Carly this look. Just 'a look'. She glares back with a question about her eyes. I keep moving forward. By the time I reached Tom (outside and in the truck), I am crying. As I passed by Carly with another round of drawers, she says to me, "was that look because it looks like great grandmas?". This dresser, I kid you not, is the same dresser that my grandma had for 30+ years. She passed on 10/09/08... her furniture is still at my aunt Bonnie's house. OK... so continuing on... because it gets better! As he is pulling the drawers out, Tom keeps finding Hershey's kisses. Like a lot of them! A good handfuls worth. We finally get the dresser into the bedroom, when I discover that there is a doily stuck to the bottom of the drawer frame. Grandma use to keep doilies all over the top of hers. THEN come to find out, the only place that we can fit the dresser is the SAME location that Pegs mom kept it (she never once told us the arrangement of moms furniture). THEEEEEEN... Peg comes in with this lamp and says, "mom use to keep this on the dresser--it is one of those three touch lamps, but I don't have any bulbs for it right now". Grandma use to have those types of lamps on her dresser/vanity too.
So. That is my latest weirdness. What do you think? Am I crazy? Because when Abby saw me crying, she asked me, "mommy, why are you crying?"... The only thing I could say was... don't laugh... "grandma just brought us a Christmas present".
I promise, I am not coo-coo. My life is just a little 'different' :)
I apologize for not having a picture... our computer is toast and I am using Henry and Pegs right now :) So I can't exactly upload pictures to there computer! But I will get one up...someday!
2 comments:
I don't think your out of your mind Niki, I just think you and your family and very blessed.
Very strange but how cool!
Post a Comment