Christmas Tree Picking 2009!!!
Today was the day that we packed up and went to Homestead Farm to pick out a tree. Last year was our first year and it was FREEZING! This year was cold, just not as windy- so it was tolerable. Anyhow, Homestead is conveniently located less than a mile from us and is a hot spot for trees! They are always busy! The main barn is the central heating station for all the frozen paws, and they offer coffee, cider and/or hot chocolate for a donation. They also sale homemade cookies, candy and candles. All the scraps are turned into beautiful decorations, so those can be bought as well. The walls are covered with family photos from previous years- and surprisingly, the girls found ours! See, a Homestead family member asks each payer (of a Christmas tree) if they have been photographed... if not, they take your picture and add it to their collection. I have looked on-line for ours, but no luck :(
Anyhow, before setting out on our journey, the girls loaded up with apple cider... and of course, I forgot to grab a coffee for Tom and I! Then off we all went (Henry and Peggy included!).
We stopped to take a quick family photo while on the hayride to the back lot where they are having us choose from this year. Funny thing is that last year the tractor dropped us off at another section, and we walked to the section we were at this year. OK, maybe that wasn't so funny. Ironic.
The second picture is another family shot, inside the main barn...warming up AFTER picking the tree :)
I just love taking pictures of the girls in this pose. I couldn't resist taking a pic with the tree behind them. (freezing cold I might add)

Mainly because he is so manly and buff!


Then Tom got the duty of carrying it... because he is so manly and buff!
After walking around looking at tree after tree, the girls all settled on this tree. Kinda short, very plump and PERFECT!
So Henry went at it!
Mainly because he is so manly and buff!
Then Tom got the duty of carrying it... because he is so manly and buff!
That was short lived though... because he is allergic to anything that grows from the soil, he started breaking out in hives. Not just any old hives... like full on insta-blisters!
Anyhow, we had a great time picking out the tree, and the girls had an even better time decorating it. But more on that to come, later!



2 comments:
what a great tradition!!! How fun would it be to do something like that. Yea. . . ours is fake LOL
How fun!! Love all of the pictures! Poor Tom :( I hope his allergic reaction didnt last too long! How can you have a real tree if he is allergic?
Sounds like you guys had a blast! I agree with Tanya - what a great tradition!
Post a Comment