Sunday, December 6, 2009

Christmas Tree Decorating

TREE DECORATING!!!


Only so much can be said about decorating a Christmas Tree... but I will try to make it fun for you!
We started out with our plain Jane tree... Aunt Peggy screwed it into the base while Gruncle Henry and I held it in place. After it settled for some time, Peggy strung the lights. Then it was go time for Carly and Abby. Isabella slept right through it. She was so wiped out from the afternoon at the farm :( Poor thing!





They each grabbed bulb after bulb decorating it... they started out just doing the front, until there was no room left! At which point they had no choice but to decorate the side facing the window :)
The final bulbs were their 'birth stone snowmen'. Carly has blue for September (Sapphire) and Abby has green for May (Emerald). I suppose we need a purple one for the baby... February (Amethyst)... so if you ever see one, let me know--or maybe just pick it up for us!!! *wink wink*


Carly putting her snowman up :)



Abby putting her snowman up :)
In the following slide show, you will see a couple of random bulbs... two of them are very special to me. Remember that blog last month about the ornament exchange that takes place between the group of woman that I met on-line... well anyways, the first one was from 2008 and was from Tanya in Texas. She sent me a cowboy snowman... boots and all! This year Marinda from Utah sent a bulb that has two sides: one with a Temple and the other side has several buildings from Salt Lake City on it. I can't wait to continue the tradition and hopefully we will be doing this for a long time to come!



1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I love your tree! Very pretty :)
I do have to say that I am jealous of your two SBB ornaments! Its my own fault, I should have signed up, so it is my loss :( Next year though, Im in!!!