Tuesday, December 8, 2009

I'm no Monkey... or Ape!


We have banana's galore! Tom thought it was necessary to buy four bags of over-ripe banana's. Sure they were only .99 cents... but now we have got to use them before they are totally bad. What better way, than to make bread.





I tried making a loaf a few days ago in the bread machine... something I never do, because it never turns out right... but all logic went out the door that day. Anyhow, it was a total flop. So today I thought I'd do it the 'good ol' fashion way', in the oven. I started out by prepping the banana's, and as I was adding the ingredients, I thought that peanut butter would sound good with one. So I improvised the recipe a little. Here goes:
*** Peanut Butter/Chocolate Chip Banana Bananza***
2 large banana's squished
1/2 C veggie shortening
1 C sugar
2 eggs, beaten
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
pinch of salt
2 C flour
2 scoops chunky PB with a fork :)
Mix all, well. Then add to greased bread pan. Add topping (aka: chocolate BAKING chips) to bread in the pan. Preheat oven to 350*. Bake 1 hour

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

It looks DELICIOUS! Im going to have to try this recipe! Only down side is only Jackson and I will eat it, as Keith wont eat banana bread :confused: Guess that just means more for us!!
BTW - love the picture of "the drunk looking tot"!!! I cracked up laughing!!

Bradshaw's Buzz said...

LMAO On the "drunk tot" Sounds yummy. I like the slide show. :tu: