Sunday, July 19, 2009

The Game of Life

On the day the family grocery-getter went to the shop (ALL DAY LONG-blog to come about that soon:)), one our store adventures was to Toys R Us. While there we picked up "The Game of Life". That night we all enjoyed playing a round of it... which lasted FOREVER! We finally got done about 11PM!

At this point in the game Abby was kicking everyones butt and Carly was borrowing money from the banker... sad thing is she was the banker!


Tom being a goober.

For some reason, Carly kept spinning like 1 and 2's. She was always lagging behind everyone- that is until the end when she finally caught up to me :)



Abby and her riches! I hope someday in real 'life', she is that rich!


My family wagon (pink) and Toms family wagon (blue)
:)












My home and job :)





Uh-o... lawsuit! Tom sued me once during the game. Turd.
In the end, Abby won with 1.6 million dollars in cash and assets. I came in 2nd with 1.3... Tom 3rd and Carly 4th. The girls really enjoyed playing and are now playing it whenever they get bored... haha, no pun intended!
A few nights before Life, Carly, Abby and I went out to the front yard to catch fireflies. We caught one in a jar, but then he (or she) stopped glowing. I opened the jar and it glowed once before flying off. If you pay careful attention, you will see his butt glow after he has escaped :)
The video is really dark... but I think us talking is pretty comical :)





1 comment:

Heather said...

"...Carly was borrowing money from the banker... sad thing is she was the banker!"....ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!! That comment had me in tears. Kevin kept looking over at me like I was crazy. HAHA, that made my morning. But poor thing. Really, I do feel bad...Hahahaha!

Looks like you guys all had a lot of fun playing that game. I forgot how long it takes to play. I can't wait to do things like that when Dakota gets older. You all are such a fun family!

Oh, and how neat that you guys caught fireflies. That is one thing I hope to do one day with Dakota. Can't wait to see more posts! They're always so much fun to read!!