Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Tom and I have had a pretty busy couple of weeks, so I have a lot of pictures and stories to share! I hope you are up for it!!

Toms ankle is healing- he is still very sore after long days, but he has graduated from the air cast and crutches! Carly and Abby are rounding out the school year. Carly has graduation on Thursday evening...and as of Friday at 1pm Abby will be a big third grader! Isabella is continuing to teethe, and we are at a constant battle with the ear infections, rashes and fevers. She will finally see an ENT, but not until the first part of July...so I may be looking for a new doctor; I don't know if we can handle her cries and pain for that long! Tom and I have finished up the Spring quarter at school- so during the two week stint that we have off, we will do a little spring cleaning. First on the agenda is carpet cleaning!!!

There are plenty of pictures here to keep you entertained for a few minutes... I hope you enjoy looking at them :)






Isabella in the Target parking lot, sporting her new $1.00 sunglasses! Of course we went in for one thing, and walked out with much more. Come to think of it, I can't even think of why we went in, in the first place!

Another picture of the DC trip


Tom and Carly came across this at the Vietnam Memorial. This is the 11th cav, Blackhorse troop symbol that my dad belonged to



Two Sundays ago, getting suited up for softball, and Isabella watching. This was the first time that Tom played since his ankle injury. He went 3-3. Not bad for being hurt!





I caught Abby off guard!
:)

Isabella has had many ear infections since about February. Late last week she was sent home from daycare with a fever and rash. Geeze, there is a shocker.
So we pick her up, and head out to the doctor. Again. The rash and fever are just signs of the ear infection and teething. Poor child has been in so much pain lately. She got a new medication and we continue to give her ear drops. Supposedly they help with pain...but I am not seeing it. She just screams. For the last couple of nights we have loaded her in the car and driven around, just to get her to fall asleep. It stinks!


Isabella holding tightly to her Tylenol



Poor baby


Leaves of three...Leave them be! LOL!
The poison ivy is showing up everywhere. I had never seen any until I moved here. Sad thing is I am fascinated by it, and have this sick desire to touch it...just to see what happens. But the smart Niki says "duh dummy, don't do that!"


Isabella found a single roll of TP and proceeded to unroll it and play in it. Silly Baby!



Carly had a slumber party last weekend. They all rode home on her bus- then Tom took them to the mall to do girl things. When they got home they played games, ate and drank crap, and stayed up way beyond my bedtime!
This is what monster energy drinks will do to 11/12 year old's. I have no idea why in the world Tom let them drink those things...but I am sure he won't ever be doing it again!
This is Terri... they made her look...pretty. Yeah, pretty!













I have no idea?????




The next day Abby, Carly and Kirstin went in the hot tub. I assure you, it was like bath water...not hot at all!

Terri-without all the makeup
As I mentioned in the beginning, Carly is about to graduate. We have always been pretty open with her, and let her express herself however she wants. Yes, we monitor her behavior and clothing...so it's not like she is out of control. Anyhow, we took her to Plato's Closet to find a dress for the ceremony. We found several really cute dresses... one she really liked (not pictured) was black and white...but the zipper was busted. Sign number 1. Then the remaining dresses she had ready to try on were size zero. She wears about a 3. Sign number 2. We were obviosly looking at the wrong dresses!
Tom and her searched through more dresses, and came across a few. I went to a different section, to see what they had for men. When low-and-behold, there she was... in all her glory... the PERFECT dress for Carly. I picked it up and shouted for Tom. You would have thought I just won the lotto!
Because my camera is attached to me... I took pictures of Carly trying on a few of the dresses.


Dress number 3.
A pretty maroon dress, with a lace pattern separating the torso and legs.




A bit big...and plus she did not bunch it at the waist like it should be... I think! Anyhow, this was not the right look :)




Dress 4. An orangey dress that was gorgeous on her...and I think would have been the ticket, had we not found the perfect dress.



My baby is growing into such a beautiful young woman~!

DRUM ROLL PLEASE!!!!!!



The dress!



Yes, this is her graduation dress. After leaving Plato's Closet, we went to Meijer's to get her a black strapless bra. I wanted to find a shawl, but couldn't find anything that looked quite right with a satin dress. She is going to wear her hair up- and last she said, she wanted to wear her pearl and sapphire neckless. However, I think some bright costume jewelry would look cute with it :)


Horse ride at Meijer. She hated it. She needs to get out more! LOL!!!



Finally, Isabella got a new potty chair. So the goal is to take her into the bathroom whenever one of us girls is in there. *We need to invest in pull-ups!*

































1 comment:

Heather said...

Ok seriously, that was one of the BEST updates everrrrr!! I loved reading it.

First off, poor Isaboo!!! She has been through hell. I hope the doctor can get those ear infections taken care of so she's not in so much pain. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Second, STAY THE HECK AWAY from the poison ivy. Crazy lady! LOL. Then again, maybe you'll be one of the few that doesn't have a reaction. Kevin is one of those people.

Third, your husband is NUTS-O for giving those girls monsters. Poor Terri payed the ultimate price. I can just picture in my head all the screaming and jittering that was going on during that sleepover. LMAO! By the way, I love how you made sure to add the comment about the spa temperature. I knew to do the same thing, or else people were gonna hunt me down with pitchforks.

Fourth, Carly looks amazing in all of those dresses. I definitely think the "one" was the way to go.

Lastly, good luck with the potty training. I'm scared for that time!! lol