Saturday, June 27, 2009

Bargins and Weeds!

In efforts to give Tom some time and space to recover from his big day yesterday, the girls and I decided to get out of the house for a few hours this morning.
As we were leaving, it donned on me that today is Saturday... which equals Granville Farmers Market day! So we headed out...


I didn't take this picture... but this is pretty much what it looks like. The Main street downtown is closed off, and farmers come sale everything from fresh veggies, baked goods, to farm animals of all sorts (butchered of course). While we were there, an art fair was going on too. So I made out... head of cabbage, two zucchini, two summer squash, 5 jalapeno peppers, an Anaheim pepper, a buckeye brownie (for Carly and Abby) and an anklet for Abby... all for $7.00 Oh, forgot to mention... then I hit up a yard sale on the way out. I bought 4 stackable crates for $2.00. They make perfect toy storage bins :)

Then we went to 'Play it Again Baby' (inside thing)... Once Upon A Child. I went in to browse and maybe find some sandals for Isabella. After spending an hour in the store, I decided to check out. I managed to find some great deals there too... a really cute tank top (brown and tan...will get pictures soon) = 50% off...$1.00. A pair of shorts = 50% off... $0.50. Sandals = $2.50, and a very cute dress/bloomer set = $4.00. It was pricey, but I could not resist! Upon checking out, Isabella insisted on playing with this Dora the Explorer toy. Well, she would not let it go either... so I caved. THEN she made a B-line to a play-yard house... I told Abby not to let her in, because I was NOT buying it too... the cashier could not help but laugh at me! So I walked out of there spending $10.00... when of course I only 'wanted' shoes!
After Taco Bell lunch, we came home.
To pull weeds!


Here is the start of our beautiful mess. I should have taken before and after pictures, but I did not think of that ahead of time... you'd think I would have. Doy.


Carly hard at work... she managed to pull 90% of those weeds on her own. Needless to say, she was pretty pooped... and that was just one box!
As for myself, I got carried away and accidental pulled out what I thought was a weed. Apparently it is some kind of butterfly bush! I didn't know... it wasn't flowering, and it looked like a tall weed to my 'horticulture duh' eye. Sorry Henry! It will grow back...next year!

It is now nearing the 7:30pm hour... we are all a little pooped, and ready to enjoys some movie time. But first I need to get the dinner mess cleaned up! Oh, how the chores never end :)

1 comment:

Heather said...

Omigosh, I LOVE Farmers Markets...especially on a wonderful summer day like that!! You had some great finds too. LOL, I love how you caved. Self-control woman!! hehe, jk! I'm totally the same way.

Amazing that you can get your girls to pull weeds like that? Any tips and/or advice for when Dakota gets old enough? I'm starting her young...next summer should be good. Hehe.

I love your posts Niki. I spent the morning catching up on your most recent and it made my morning =D