Sunday, March 29, 2009

Washington DC Fundraiser

On May 26 to May 29, the 6th graders will be going to DC. The cost of the trip is $390.00 (if you'd like to donate for Carly to attend, please e-mail me), and in efforts to raise money the 3 classes came together to have a "Chicken Noodle Dinner". The dinner was provided to the public, and the cost was just a mere donation. Yum! Dinner was served at the Newton Firehouse (double yum!) from 5pm to 7pm and as of now we are not sure what the $$$ amount that was raised.

For each students parent that helped host the fundraiser, their child will get a portion of the $$$ that was earned to go towards their cost of the trip expenses. So far Carly was raised less than 1/4 of the cost...because we moved so late into the school year and have missed several fundraisers...so she NEEDS to raise a lot more!

Carly is super excited about this trip... especially since Tom will be attending as a male chaperon! They will have a blast together. Here are pictures from the dinner fundraiser :)

Newton Township Fire station is ran by volunteers, with a few full time firefighters. It was established in 1955. The firehouse was built by all volunteers...everything from plumbing to electricity; from flooring to decorations. Totally volunteered. The fire station responds to fire, rescue and water rescues. It is very cool! What was even cooler is we had free reign and could just wander the premises! Nice :)
A beautiful rainbow just after the rain stopped... this is the back of the fire station...I peeked in all the bay windows :)
Carly with some of her classmates. They are patiently waiting for people to come in and eat! Carly & Taylor hard at work...or are they hardly working????
Tom worked (flirted) with all the moms. He became known as the noodle man! I made a huge mistake. 1) I gave Isabella a plastic spoon that she could clamp her teeth down on and 2) I gave her mash potatoes made with milk... HUGE mistake. They made her soooo sick :( Horrible mom! I knew that they were made with milk, but I figured a tiny bit would not hurt her. Boy was I wrong. Being lactose intolerant is not easy.
Abby eating the potatoes, green beans and roll... oh and punch tooNice ;)





Carly got injured on the job and had to go see a medic to get a band aide... really Carly? I think it was just an excuse to check out the engines!
Time for clean up...
And they put Abby to work!

All done, just hanging out. There are boys from the class messing around (showing off)

The rest of the pictures are just fun shots that I took while wandering around the firehouse :)



























































No comments: