Monday, September 7, 2009

Toddlers and Tiara's ain't got nothin' on my beauties







I'm going to go off on a little soapbox here. So please excuse me if I offend you in any way... but then again, if I offend you- I don't really give a damn!

Today my BEAUTIFUL daughters wanted to put some of mommy's make up on. Knowing it was not going to be the most eye appealing scene or cleanliest acts, I went ahead and let them do it anyway. Yes, I let them use my make-up that is not so cheap...but they are girls and should be allowed to play around every now and then...BEHIND CLOSED DOORS!

With said- my soapbox is going to be on, none other than that nasty show, Toddlers and Tiara's. How TLC can air shows that exploit children floors me- but hey, I guess that is show business.

I do not support, encourage or back the pseudo beauty lifestyle that these people (who call themselves parents) are creating for their LITTLE girls and boys. What the hell are they teaching them? Absolutely nothing. Sure I have heard them say they are promoting winning and losing...but lets face it, they are not. Parents are teaching them how to be competitive via beauty... and beauty will not get a person far in life-not realistically. Unless you are this woman:

"Yes, my child competes in beauty pageants also. It will help my daughter land a rich husband as she grows older. I myself was a feminist back in the day as were many of my girlfriends. We worked hard and got a good job. But when the babies popped out, we then realized the best thing to be is a stay at home mom. You can't do that unless you're married to a nice six figure man." (Boston Herald)

Don't get me wrong, competition is good... and the lesson of learning how to win or lose. But it is not acceptable to dress up your child to look like a teen/woman and/or cheap floozy and flaunt their underdeveloped bodies on stage, like they are some kind of circus act. Organized sports, 4-H clubs and the YMCA promote HEALTHY competition...and what do you know, they offer programs to children this young!


Going back to the quote... Are you kidding me? Is that what this is about? Having a child be raised to be so materialistic... is that what you strive to be as a mother? It is a shame that any child should be raised in such a naive world. Looks do not pay the bills... and the odds of her landing a six figure man and being happy are probably slim to none. I seriously hope you have a back up plan lady. If anything, when your daughter grows up she will be her mans toy and trophy wife (granted she still has beautiful looks), like she is your trophy child. Besides, is your child really *that beautiful*? Do you lather her in make-up, a fake tan, dime-store hair extension and department store eye lashes. If so, honey, that ain't beauty... that's a tool. Hate to break the news to you, or any other "pageant mom or dad', you are raising spoiled ass brats! But hey, go ahead, exploit your child for a few bucks and a couple of cheap ass trophies that anyone could go out and buy tomorrow from the shop down the road. Go ahead and cash that $200.00 check... Lord knows you are going to need it in the future when your tool needs therapy. Go ahead and look like a fool dancing in the isle; and go ahead and let your little brat cry more because he/she didn't win the crown. LMAO.

You people are sick. You people are a joke and are creating monsters. It saddens me that you all (moms and dads) either 1) grew up in this lifestyle and have no clue how to raise children beyond the scope of this false understanding of what life means, 2) grew up unloved and are now living your childhood through your own children, and/or 3) are just that shallow of a person to put your child through such deceptiveness. You people clearly depict the immoral side of our society. You all need help!


I love my children. I would do anything for my children, their well being and their education. I teach my children the benefits and consequences of their actions through real life experiences. Experiences that occur in a *normal persons* life. I would never put my child through such false hopes and understandings... that is perverted and utterly wrong. In my household, happiness comes from loving family members, quality time and fun memories made together; not a stage with fake light, fake dreams and irreplaceable years stripped from innocent lives. My children are worth millions to me, yes... but are not monetary toys for my disposable pleasure.

I found this video and it makes me ill seeing the low levels parents, grandparents and family members would stoop to for this pseudoness....







3 comments:

Heather said...

GO NIKI!! I totally and completely agree with you. YOu rock mama. I'll join you on your soapbox any day!!! =)

Nichole said...

Thanks... I don't know what got into me- but I decided I just needed to roll with it! LOL :)

Heather said...

LOL, I get that way too sometimes!! When you're passionate about something, sometimes it's necessary to get the word/opinion out there!!!! =)