
Paul Francis Gadd... ever heard of him? If you are a sports fan or a fan of 1970s-80s glam rock, chances are you have. Have you ever heard of Gary Glitter? Well, meet PFG.
Gary Glitters long list of sexually abusing young girls started in the 80's (although who knows, maybe earlier). These charges started with indecently assaulting a young girl, consequently leading to sexually assaulting young girls and finally, 54 counts of child pornography. He was finally jailed in November 1999 for downloading child porn... which he didn't know was illegal. Um, Hello? The judge at Bristol Crown Court is reported to have replied: "You mean this defendant did not think it illegal to have in his possession photographs of little girls being bound, tortured, gagged and sexually abused in a most repellent way?" What a creep Gary Glitter is. And to top that off, some of these boys and girls were as young as TWO YEARS OLD... two years!!!! And he found that acceptable? His eyeballs, penis and hands should be removed from his body- in a torturous manner :) OK, so two months into his sentence, he was released. Why? Well because he had received at least one death threat and many threatening letters in the mail... assuming all anonymous. Last thing I knew, criminals in jail or prison for anything having to do with children, especially sexual abuse, gets treated that way by inmates and society. Who gives a rats-ass if he gets threats? Not me. Let the man be tortured... I don't care who he is--fame or not. A criminal is a criminal.
So he is out of jail. It is now 2006. The jackass is up to no good again. Yep, again. He was sentenced for three years in a Vietnam prison for molesting and committing obscene acts with two girls, ages 10 and 11. And again, the paedophile decided to try and 'pay off' the family with about $1500.00 USD. Police confiscated his laptop, and what do you think they found? More child porn. Yet he still found it in himself to scream in court, "I haven't done anything. I'm innocent". Yeah, OK.
In 2008 Glitter was released from Vietnam, after serving 27 months for the molestation charges. He was allowed reentry to his home in the UK. He was ordered to sign a sex offender registry... which he had already signed after the 1999 conviction, which was in place for 7 years--expiring in 2006. Glitter has been banned entry by 19 countries- and furthermore was deported from Cambodia in 2003 for FURTHER alleged sex offenses. Sigh.
So why all the psycho babble, Niki? I will tell you why. To this date, his music is iconic and glorified during sports games. Rock'n Roll Pt2 (HEY) is played and chanted for fans to get pumped up and feel the energy of sports... I say this primarily speaking of AT the arenas/stadiums. It is not typical to hear it at bars and home...to my knowledge. I will cut the chase and get to my point. One of the cheers that was performed by the girls (and band) last night was 'Rock'n Roll'... girls THE SAME AGE as that paedophiles victims, were chanting his U.S one hit one'der--loud and proud; all for the sake of team spirit. I find no spirit in the chant. Yes, it is catchy... but have you ever wondered about the man who made the song so big? Have you ever thought about the man behind the scenes? Well, now ya have. Do you think that it is morally acceptable that we stand back and listen to this CONVICTED paedophiles song be celebrated, while the lives of young, innocent boys and girls lives have been distroyed by the hate of this 'hero'? Glitter's music should be condemed by ALL educational systems across the world.
I wish that, for the sake of our children's innocence, schools would ban his music from being played. Is it possible? Would you stand behind me--as a mother, father, aunt, uncle, grandparent, godparent? I have been telling Tom for years now that I wanted to start a revolution AGAINST this song being played... I think I will start NOW. I think that I will start with the Jr. High and High School. If they don't listen, I will go to the school board... hopefully I can make this happen. Hopefully I will get more support and my dream of this revolution can come true.
PS- Please stop laughing at me Tom- I told you I would do this someday!
I am not savy when it comes to making videos... but let it be known that I wanted to make a video of childrens faces to the theme of his music... but maybe it is a good thing that I can't figure out how to do it. Instead, here is a youtube of the man and that song... incase you STILL have no idea who or what song I am talking about :)
If you think that everything I have said is bad... you should read/listen to his song, "Do you want to touch me"... creepy.
No comments:
Post a Comment