Friday, September 4, 2009

Memory Lane Ave.

You ask, you shall receive. I opened the Tom/Niki (family) box... I then found a second and third box...so I pulled some things out. I discovered that it was going to be more of a chore putting everything back in it's niche, so I only photographed a few items :)

Before you think I am psycho... I really am not. I just like the things that make me smile and give me comfort. Over the years Tom and I have given up many things as a sacrifice, to better ourselves and family. This is what we have left. Memories. So these things are not, in simple terms, trash...but our treasures.

Sooo- I have saved many'a t-shirts. Some I have saved and have recycled into sleeping shirts. I have saved menu's from places that we have eaten at, as a family and I have found more clay art! Those newspapers I mentioned in the last post... here are some. Some I have and I don't know why I kept, but there must be something beyond the front page that caught our attention. You might be wondering, why the newspapers? All I can say is that my mom has several newspapers (and magazines) from the past and I can't wait to get my hands on them and read the stories that they tell. As accessible as the Internet may be...I just don't think it is the same. The computer cannot give you the same sense as the physical paper can. Imagine the touch and the smell in 20+ years. That is what is exciting to me. Anyhow- I am getting off topic here....

I have included pictures of the car when we got struck by lightning. I have the Chevy emblem somewhere- I just couldn't find it! I kept it when we sold the car :) I found our dog Molly's tag...and a neck less Carly made from "shrinky-dinks"... remember those? I also found a bag of coins... they look like American coins, so I am not sure why I kept them...maybe the year is special. I also have a collection of flattened pennies...somewhere! Oh...all of our wedding cards and bridal shower cards. Ironic story... our parents each gave us THE SAME card for our wedding! The $$$ bag we used for our $$$-dance is now storage for the cards, books and pictures! Speaking of books... I have saved a Medieval Times magazine (picture on the inside) and a LA Kings book (my first hockey game).

The last thing I will mention is all of Tom's Parent Resource items. He has been published in several magazines and newspapers- so we have those. He has also received grants for his work...so we have saved those awards as well.

OK- I will stop blabbing. See it is fun to hold on to things, take pictures and talk to friends, family and complete strangers about your precious memories!

I am having serious issues with the slide show posting... so you have to click on the link. Sorry :(

http://www.slide.com/r/PoGB7mjQ6z-a1KoRp7TWcrrGKvGsF6im?previous_view=mscd_embedded_url&view=original

No comments: