Sunday, July 25, 2010

It's getting hot in here

So on Friday (don't remember the date) our AC went out, AGAIN!
Tom put in a notice with the leasing office... within minutes, someone was at our door... unfortunately he was not certified in cooling and heating (somethin' like that), so he could not do a thing.
So we waited.
As temps rose, we sat still as can be in front of the two fans that we have. The overnight sleeping arrangements sucked donkey balls. It was hot... over 90 degrees inside. Tom and I slept on the couch... but having a microfiber couch (plus heat) makes for very sweaty bodies! Carly, Abby and Isa slept on the floor. It was horrible.
By morinng it had to have been nearing the 100 degree mark. This photo was at 8am. Ick! We all showered (not that it did any good). By 10:45 we were out the door and waiting at the front office.
While waiting, we just so happen to bump into the maintenance guy... who told us- "An AC person will be here first thing in the morning". HA! Not so much. When we asked him about it, he denied EVER saying such a thing. @ss! After unanswered phone calls, he finally went to his supervisors house and got him up... yes, the dude was asleep! Anyhow, that got us nowhere. By this time the office was open. I swear it was like 50 degrees in there... I was freezing!
After an hour in the office and NOT A SINGLE answer, we left.
About 2pm the maint. guy and another from another property came over and took a look at the AC unit. Guess what? "Oh, we can't fix this... it's not a simple fix... we need to call an electrician." Duh. Ya should'a done that at 11AM. Stupidhead.
Around 7PM an electrician came and fully fixed it. But with the temps soring the 100's+, it took FOREVER to cool down. At around midnight, it was still in the upper 80's. This morning when I woke up, it was 75... set at 70. I think it should be fixed for good... but who knows if he half-BEEP 'ed it. I dunno... just cross my fingers :)
Next problem. Internet. Carly and I are at the Blue Bubble Laundromat right now :) so FREE wi-fi!!!!
Oh... and I made some bomb Date Bread :) ...and NOT in the bread machine :) Yay me :)

No comments: