Sunday, July 4, 2010

Announcing Payton Werner

We are proud to announce the arrival of Payton WernerFirst, lets go back 6 months...
For Christmas, Isa got a Cabbage Patch Doll. She was found at Once Upon A Child, so she came with no birth certificate, name, etc.- just the basics- clothing.

Fast forward to now...

Isa loves her doll. A lot. Since she quit using the paci, she has started sleeping with the cabbage patch doll (CPD) more. The doll, like blankie, comes everywhere with us. Well, when she remembers her.

Further, she has named the CPD. At first I thought that Isa was just naming CPD whatever she felt like it for the day. But I noticed a trend. She was referring to the CPD as "Payton"... not just to me, but to everyone. Carly asked what her name was-"Payton". Tom asked, Abby asked... all the same- "Payton". So we finally have a name. Payton.

We are thinking that she may have a classmate named Payton- I will find out next week for sure. :) I can't imagine where else she would have picked up the name... We don't know any other Paytons. None of the TV programs she watches has a character named Payton... come to think of it, I don't know of any shows or movies with a character named Payton. Well, there is Payton Manning... but we are not Colts fans... so I dunno?!?!

Payton has beautiful green eyes and a smile that any mom would fall in love with. According to Isa she is very healthy and has regular 'poopies' (her diaper is changed often!). She has blond hair and has soft, delicate skin.

No comments: