Sunday, July 4, 2010

And We Walked, Again

Today we decided to join the 90* heat and walk the Olentangy Trail, again. This time we went the opposite of what we walked last time. Tom and I noticed A LOT more poison ivy along the trail- which made it awful for Isa... instead of letting her walk, we kept her in the stroller. She was one unhappy child! Anyhow, there were more 'break points' along that side, but no beautiful lake to stop at (like the other side of the trail).


It did run next to the river the entire time we were walking- that was nice. Well, except for the stinky section. There was one area that had a horrible stench.
In that area was a HUGE crane. Actually a couple. I took a picture of one, only because I thought it was a statue to keep the birds away from the water (I dunno!), but when Tom took a picture, it moved... so I suppose it was not a statue after all! LOL! We also saw several cardinals and orioles. I'm sure there are hundreds of other species that we missed- those are the only birds that I can identify!

Leaves of three, leave them be! The poison ivy was EVERYWHERE!!! It was sometimes as tall as 5ft! I have never seen it grow like a true ivy :\

I did, however, come across some beautiful flowering weeds




Abby and I taking a short picture break



Eventually Tom's ankle started to bother him, so we turned around and started heading home.






Isa was still not happy. I would not let her out of her stroller, even on the way back. By the time we reached a section of the trail that I knew was 'safe', she was asleep! Poor thing :(
We made it home in time for lunch and a family friendly game of boggle.
We enjoy the simple things in life :)










No comments: