Thursday, July 15, 2010

Hellllloooooooooo Regal!!!!


Last month our beloved Regal moved on to the next stage of bread maker life... the dumpster. She died. But I am thankful for every creation that came from her, and I will never forget her.


But today Tom found a new one!!! Yes, I am on the rebound, but he found me ANOTHER Regal! I am so excited! I kinda went on a bread making hiatus lately... hopefully she will spark my desire to make bread, bagels, pitas and more!

Anyhow, like the other Regal and Toastmaster, Tom found this new one at the Goodwill. It's amazing what good products people get rid of... I see it as a GREAT investment! I mean, we spend $5.00 on a bread machine, $15.00 on a 25lb of bread flour (that yields, a good hundred loaves), tops $10.00 on the oil, yeast, salt, etc.... OR spend at least $2.00 on a healthy loaf of bread, every couple of days...
You do the math... the machine literally pays itself off within a dozen of so loaves, bagels, pizza doughs, etc.!
Now my yield is probably off a bit... I have never actually counted the number of products that I get out of it...but I am sure it is plenty. We go through 25# of flour about every month and a half.
So here she is, in her new home, making pizza dough. We are going to have a Mexican style pizza for dinner... so I am really counting on her... more-so because I don't have a back-up plan! LOL





Here is the toastmaster. I am not a total fan of her. She needs a little TLC and babysitting. She kneads very poorly and requires a little assistance during the first 10 minutes of the process. It's sad.
Don't get me wrong... I appreciate her, but would have much rather have seen her be the one to go.
What a bad baker mom I am!


So tonight, Regal and Toastmaster run side-by-side. The Breadbox, is making a loaf of Carrot-Zucchini with Currants Bread :)
I have never made it with currants... I just had some in the baking shelf, so I thought I'd through them in for an extra "POW"!





1 comment:

Bradshaw's Buzz said...

Yea! Glad you found a new one