Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Softball Sunday- In The Mud!

It rained last Wednesday, Friday & Saturday, so by game time on Sunday our field was one muddy puddle! The league supervisor decided that we would all play in the grass
So we did just that! The field was lined and the bases put into position.

I was worried about Tom playing for several reasons during this particular game/day.
1) It was a humid hot day. It was awful! 82* outside. Nice, right? No. It was 87% humidity. All throughout the game I complained that it was "hotter than a polar bears butt hole". Yep, I said it!
2) We were playing on the grass- and his asthma and allergies have been a nightmare this year. Thankfully he took all his scripts before we left the house!
3) His knee and ankle. Need I say more? He has been visiting the PT 2x a week for about a month now. The unstable grass/ground really scared me!

Thankfully we all survived the day. No overheating, no falling in the grass. Just a lot of errors, outs, sweat and drunks (on the opposing team). We lost. What's new? But Tom did really well. Got on base 3 out of 4 at bats. I made good contact... but never made it on base. Whatev! That's how it goes with Bad News Bears... I mean DiMarcos!

We did almost have what could have been a disastrous accident. Isa was playing and decided to bolt over near the bike/walking trail. I was yelling for her to stop as I ran closer and closer to her... the problem was she was running closer and closer to the trail- with 4 bikers barreling down the path. Yeah, scared the begeesies out of me. Right as we got to the edge of the grass and path I tackled Isabella. Simultaneously, the lead biker yelled "HALT" and all the bikers came to a screeching stop. Boy were we lucky. All that ran through my head was when Tami (my cousin) and I were tots- her getting ran over by a bicyclist and breaking her leg!
I scooped Isa up and apologized as they slowly passed us. Photobucket

So that was a highlight of the afternoon. That and the poison ivy that I warned the girls to stay away from.

No comments: