We have many friends that belong to the LGBQT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Queer & Transgender) community. More than you would know! Anyhow, this is our second PRIDE Parade that we have marched in. This years theme was dedicated to families. Since many LGBT couples are extending their families, Stonewall thought it was appropriate to have a parade honoring all the families... and families that support the community.We, once again, had such a blast. The day started out a little wet, but by afternoon it was hot! When we first arrived we decided to check out all the 'floats'- along the way taking lots of pictures!
Carly and Abby got their faces painted, while Isa played with bubbles and balls! Abby and Isa also bounced in a bounce house that was in the kiddy area. While chilling in the kid area, we were also able to grab some snacks and drinks... again, FREE!!!! Can't beat that! Fruits, veggies, cookies, crackers, chips, water, capri sun... yep. Free!
Beer was not so free :( LOL!
What an amazing day we had. Isa slept through the walk, but she had plenty of fun at the festival :)
This year I decided to take pictures of the people watching the parade. I mainly took pictures of shirts that I thought were pretty cool. I did enjoy seeing the protesters again... however this year they were in one area. That's funny... they were quarantined! LOL
This year I decided to take pictures of the people watching the parade. I mainly took pictures of shirts that I thought were pretty cool. I did enjoy seeing the protesters again... however this year they were in one area. That's funny... they were quarantined! LOL
My favorite color guard was there again- The Flaggots of Ohio. What a play on words! I love those guys and gals. I have a video of them warming up this year, but if you click HERE, you can see their performance from last year.
Pride Parade: Columbus, OH 2010 from Mike Beaumont on Vimeo.



No comments:
Post a Comment