Thursday, June 17, 2010

Ouch!

Summertime
The Little darling Spring has run away
The sunshine grew too hot for her to stay
She kissed her sister, Summer,and she said
"When I am gone, you must be queen instead"
Now reigns the Lady Summer, round whose feet
A thousand fairies flock with blossoms sweet.
~Author Unknown
So summertime is here. O'joy.
No really, that is a good thing... only it is really hot and sticky. So what better way to help keep cool, than to wear sandals?
I have these *great* sandals.
They are beautiful.
Well padded.
Croft & Barrow, from Kohl's.
"Hepburn"


Mine are white though... not this pretty Burgundy.

So anyhow, my mom handed them down to me about three years ago :) BRAND NEW! She had only wore them a few times... what a deal! Slightly broke in and ready to wear... or so I thought!

*********************
********************

*****************
****************
***************
***************
***************

*************
*************
*************

**********
*********
*******
*****
***
*

The saddest part of all of this is that I *hope* that with each passing summer they will get more broke in. But they don't. Each year since I have had them, they do the same darn thing! Last years blisters were at the top of my foot... this year my pinkey and big toes. Sigh.
I guess I will have to retire them... or send them back to mom!!!!
hehehehe!!!!!

No comments: