Monday, May 31, 2010

Olentangy Trail Walk

We live nearby a trail that runs along the Olentangy River- so what better way to spend some family time then walking it. And I mean walking!





Recently, I was told that I need to adjust my diet and start exercising more often. Why? Besides the obvious? I was informed that my blood sugar and insulin levels are elevated and that at the rate I am going, and family history, I would be diabetic in less than two years. HUGE wake-up call.
So we set out.


After a few quick pictures we began out walk...


Olentangy River Dam.
Really. Don't you see it? LOL
Not exactly what I think of when I think of a dam!









And we're off...

We walked...


And walked some more. But then I wanted to take a breather at this part of the river...or maybe this is a lake. Whatever. I was getting tired regardless!
So we walked more









We were all covered in sweat by the time we got home. It was like 85* and we walked about 5 miles. Isa walked a good quarter mile of that!
When we got home, the real journey began.
The Bath.










No comments: