Friday, May 14, 2010

Our Date






Tom and I played hookey today and went out on a 'date'. We finally utilized our Columbus Zoo family pass :) We went first thing in the morning, hoping to beat the crowd, which worked out quite well. It was our first time to the zoo, so I was like a kid in a candy shop... Tom was too a little. After wandering around for a few hours we decided to head back home. After all, we have kids coming home from school, and Tom's asthma started acting up :(


We had a great, kid free, time. I would GLADLY go back, anytime. It was no San Diego Zoo, Sea World or Long Beach Aquarium, but it was fun. My favorite would have to be the birds. I bought a cup of food for them. Upon entrance I was attacked. Then attacked some more! I had to shake them off in order to leave!!! I enjoyed watching the gorilla's too. Well, mainly because there was one laying on a board in the exihibit with its butt facing us. Yes, I had a very childish moment. If you think that's bad, you should have seen me when we were in the monkey exhibit--there was a male courting a female, chasing her around with his ringy-ding-ding-dong hangin' out. Yes I got a kick out of it. Yes, that's childish :)


We are planning to take the girls on Abby's birthday. Hopefully it won't be too hot... or busy.









No comments: