Sunday, February 28, 2010

Cosi Museum

Today we visited COSI. Cosi is an interactive children's science museum, here in Columbus. Tom and I have wanted to visit for some time, but when we lived out in Alexandria we just never made the time... but now that we are minutes away, we went for it...well, with a little motivation.





Yesterday I worked at the 'Drosophila Genetics' exhibit that the lab I work in was hosting. So because I was already 'in', Tom decided to purchase a family annual pass. Although I was there for a good chunk of the day, they only hung out long enough to see mommy talk to other kids about Thomas Hunt Morgan, and his discovery of the mutant white-eyed fly. Yeah, try dumbing down genetics to 5-10 year olds...fun! LOL!!! Anyhow, so they waited until I could visit and experience the museum with them...which so happen to be today! So we packed up and headed out!





It was suuuuper busy- so we are going to try to figure out the 'down times' and go back then. We did see many exhibits, but didn't get the full experience of it. I blame rude parents and poor parenting skills of many of the other patrons. Kids were nuts! Absolutely nuts! You'd think we were in a playground... well, to an extent we were, but still, get a grip on your children. Sorry for that tangent... my kids are perfect ;)





OK- so back to the Cosi. It is a hands on science museum where kids learn about everything from birth to weather! Every 3 months they have a new 'featured experience'. Now thru May is "Grossology". Here kids learn about the human body and all the not-so-pleasant actions that occur on, in, around and about it! Carly and Abby enjoyed it. Isa, not so much! Again, lots of kids and loud noises.





Not wanting to do EVERYTHING in just a single day, we decided to wait on many attractions. We have this pass for a year-no need to get burned out in one day!!! So I am sure you will read about more adventures at the Cosi... but this is it for now :)









2 comments:

Bradshaw's Buzz said...

cool place

Heather said...

What a neat museum. Looks like a lot of fun!! the pictures are hilarious, especially of you and Boo!! hehe