The ride on the plane was quite the event- to say the least! We got to the airport way early... Tom dropped me off curbside. OK, so if you plan on having a 'lap baby' and you fly Southwest, just know that you have to register the kid and have a boarding pass. I had NO IDEA she needed this... but hindsight, it makes 100% sense! So We arrive and I don't have her birth certificate, proof of age or name. Well, thankfully I did have her medical card, which has that info on it; and THANKFULLY the man accepted it!
Then Tom almost drove off with 1) my carry on and 2) Boo's paci. Luckily I caught him before speeding off. THEN we make our way to TSA. OK, I didn't take off my shoes, Boos shoes or either one of our sweatshirts. Strike one. The liquids I declared had to be swiped. Strike 2. I couldn' collaps the stroller (but eventually got it). Strike 3. Pushed Boo through the beeper and knocked her to the ground. Strike 4. The TSA guy asked me if the backpack was mine (yes, it was) because he needed to rescan it from another angle...just look in it. Strike 5. THENNNNN, I set off the alarm while walking through. I forgot to take my wallet and phone out of my pocket. So the security process took about 45 minutes! Ridiculous!!!!
The actual flight, from Columbus to Vegas, was pretty uneventful. I gave Boo Benadryl... which is now my new BFF! She was zonked out the entire 3.5 hours. She finally woke when we landed.
In Vegas, we had a little over 2 hour layover/plane change. We grabbed a bite to eat, and I found/bought the cutest Southest stuffed plane (with engine noise). I think I wanted it more than the baby! We took off on time from Vegas. That ride was uber quick (like 30 minutes), but SUUUUUUPER turbulenty! It sucked. Who ever heard of a mom burying her head in her toddlers lap, because she was scared? YOU! You all have heard of her! Yep, I was such sissy in the turbulance, that I pu my head in HER lap! Anyhow, we landed safely in Ontario and made it to my parents by dinner.



No comments:
Post a Comment