Thursday, January 21, 2010

A Girl and Her Guitar!



For Christmas, Santa brought Abby a guitar... something she has shown interest in for some years, but we have really never pursued it- for one reason or another. Well, since Santa dropped it off under our tree, we HAVE to get involved!

The original plan was to have her take lessons at the place that we found nearby- but at a rate of $80.00 for a minimum one hour ($20.00/per 15 min.), we decided to wait. Thankfully Peggy found a place even closer, that gives lessons to children AND adults, at a rate of $15.00/30 min. A MUCH BETTER deal! So she initiated the first lesson and it is now up to us to continue on. =) Abby and Henry will go once a week for as long as they can face the music! Tom and I are not going to 1) force her into performing for us and 2) listen to her play until she is ready/has had a few lessons. For now, Abby and Henry will practice together (at his place) for at least 15 minutes a night...granted he is not working, at which time she can practice alone.

Tonight was their first official 'homework' gig =) They were at it for a good 45 minutes. I tried to sneak in, but I was busted! Here are just a few poses... she is not actually playing for me, because like I said, I want to hear AFTER she has had a few lessons =)


OK, I lied, I did hear them tuning up their guitars... but that doesn't count as 'listening' to them. That was just noise!

They were both on cloud 9... As you can see in the picture on the left! I have not seen a smile on her from ear to ear in a while! I hope that she continues to show such enthusiasm and he is able to put up with her learning.... This kid needs to make mama millions someday! LOL =) We are so incredibly proud!



1 comment:

Bradshaw's Buzz said...

I love it. Tell her we said Good Luck!!