
Monday afternoon we (my parents, tom and I, and girls) went to Magic Mountain. It is a family fun center next to my parents hotel, with mini putt-putt, games, cars, etc. After playing games, the girls wanted to retrieve their prize tickets for items.
Abby was looking in the glass cabinet, Carly behind her, Tom and my dad to the side. Abby turned to Carly and said "go ahead". Well, the people that were directly behind Carly assumed that Abby was talking to them... so they jumped ahead. Tom saw that happen- so he said to the woman, "You just cut in front of my kids". The boyfriend/husband/douche stepped on the tips of Tom's feet and said to him, "What are you going to do about it?" So in his defense, he (Tom) put up his hands in front of him with his palms facing the dude, at which point the guy sucker punched Tom. Not square in the eye- just grazing his skin, slightly below his eye.
I was sitting on a bench with my mom and Isa, about 100 feet away, when I heard Carly yell, "NO, STOP IT!!!"... which is when I jumped out of my seat and ran over to the two of them (Tom and Douche) on the ground. My dad had (by this time) moved the line barrier things off to the side- The douche had grabbed one and was (assuming here) going to use it as a weapon. Luckily my dad grabbed it from his hand and cleared them out. By the time I reached the two on the ground, the douche was on top of Tom and Tom had him in a headlock. So they more of less looked like they were hugging (in a violent way!) on the ground. NO ONE was intervening. I don't blame my dad for not, and would never expect him to... but there were PLENTY of onlookers who would not step in ...so I grabbed the douche by the pants and underwear and began *trying* to pull him off... which is when FINALLY another man helped by grabbing his head to lift him off of Tom.
By this time security rushed over and took the guy and his GF/wife outside (because they were *ok*).
Tom stayed on the ground because he was bleeding from his head and we were not sure if he hit his head hard enough to cause a concussion. There was an off duty medic who stayed with us too and the staff of MM got Tom some towels and a huge bag of ice! Tom remained on the ground until the fire department showed up- since he felt fine, he declined treatment. Then the police showed up. Oh and guess who is 26 weeks pregnant. Mrs. Douche. She claimed that Tom pushed her to the ground... which I KNOW he would NEVER do. Apparently what happened (from my dad as an eyewitness), douche pushed Tom after the first blow, making him fall back, pushing Mrs. douche... but according to two different people, she never fell. She stepped back and watched from afar.
Anyhow, because Mrs. Douche has a history of miscarriages, they took her in the ambulance. So this is what it boils down to... since stories conflict and the police can't use my dad or Carly as an eyewitness and since no witnesses saw the incident from start to finish, both Douche and Tom could press charges against each other and both could go to jail... or we could just take the report and see what the prosecutors office has to say. Sorry for going backwards here, there were two surveillance cameras in the area, but NEITHER got a good angle of the fight... so because of the conflicting stories, they could only look at the video and see that Tom moved his arms, but not to rule out if he made the 'first move' aka:shove, or not.
Because of Ohio laws regarding fights, both are accountable, regardless of who initiated it-- both participated, so both are equally at fault. So both are *guilty*. If one of them (Douche or Tom) had used an excessive force, then one would be more accountable... but because they went back and forth they are both screwed.
I am very proud of Tom for restraining. He saw Abby's look of fear and just decided to 'go with it' and not fight back... had this been 3 months ago, prior to the PTSD meds, I think it could have been much uglier. My parents were even proud that he restrained so much. Today he is good... just mad that he didn't get in a good punch in. He did, however, bite the back of the douches head--this after douche tried to gouge his thumb in Tom's eye... which would explain how he lost the contact lense. Hindsight, knowing that he wouldn't go to jail, he said he would have got in at least a good punch! But then who knows if it would have escalated further. KWIM? His face looks good, a little swollen, but no bruising. His knee is fine (not worse than prior). I don't know how Douche is or Mrs. Douche... and quite frankly, I really don't give two beeeeeeeps. I just feel sorry for baby douche having a father like him. I mean really... you are at a family fun place.... not a flippin bar. Leave the fists behind.
Abby was looking in the glass cabinet, Carly behind her, Tom and my dad to the side. Abby turned to Carly and said "go ahead". Well, the people that were directly behind Carly assumed that Abby was talking to them... so they jumped ahead. Tom saw that happen- so he said to the woman, "You just cut in front of my kids". The boyfriend/husband/douche stepped on the tips of Tom's feet and said to him, "What are you going to do about it?" So in his defense, he (Tom) put up his hands in front of him with his palms facing the dude, at which point the guy sucker punched Tom. Not square in the eye- just grazing his skin, slightly below his eye.
I was sitting on a bench with my mom and Isa, about 100 feet away, when I heard Carly yell, "NO, STOP IT!!!"... which is when I jumped out of my seat and ran over to the two of them (Tom and Douche) on the ground. My dad had (by this time) moved the line barrier things off to the side- The douche had grabbed one and was (assuming here) going to use it as a weapon. Luckily my dad grabbed it from his hand and cleared them out. By the time I reached the two on the ground, the douche was on top of Tom and Tom had him in a headlock. So they more of less looked like they were hugging (in a violent way!) on the ground. NO ONE was intervening. I don't blame my dad for not, and would never expect him to... but there were PLENTY of onlookers who would not step in ...so I grabbed the douche by the pants and underwear and began *trying* to pull him off... which is when FINALLY another man helped by grabbing his head to lift him off of Tom.
By this time security rushed over and took the guy and his GF/wife outside (because they were *ok*).
Tom stayed on the ground because he was bleeding from his head and we were not sure if he hit his head hard enough to cause a concussion. There was an off duty medic who stayed with us too and the staff of MM got Tom some towels and a huge bag of ice! Tom remained on the ground until the fire department showed up- since he felt fine, he declined treatment. Then the police showed up. Oh and guess who is 26 weeks pregnant. Mrs. Douche. She claimed that Tom pushed her to the ground... which I KNOW he would NEVER do. Apparently what happened (from my dad as an eyewitness), douche pushed Tom after the first blow, making him fall back, pushing Mrs. douche... but according to two different people, she never fell. She stepped back and watched from afar.
Anyhow, because Mrs. Douche has a history of miscarriages, they took her in the ambulance. So this is what it boils down to... since stories conflict and the police can't use my dad or Carly as an eyewitness and since no witnesses saw the incident from start to finish, both Douche and Tom could press charges against each other and both could go to jail... or we could just take the report and see what the prosecutors office has to say. Sorry for going backwards here, there were two surveillance cameras in the area, but NEITHER got a good angle of the fight... so because of the conflicting stories, they could only look at the video and see that Tom moved his arms, but not to rule out if he made the 'first move' aka:shove, or not.
Because of Ohio laws regarding fights, both are accountable, regardless of who initiated it-- both participated, so both are equally at fault. So both are *guilty*. If one of them (Douche or Tom) had used an excessive force, then one would be more accountable... but because they went back and forth they are both screwed.
I am very proud of Tom for restraining. He saw Abby's look of fear and just decided to 'go with it' and not fight back... had this been 3 months ago, prior to the PTSD meds, I think it could have been much uglier. My parents were even proud that he restrained so much. Today he is good... just mad that he didn't get in a good punch in. He did, however, bite the back of the douches head--this after douche tried to gouge his thumb in Tom's eye... which would explain how he lost the contact lense. Hindsight, knowing that he wouldn't go to jail, he said he would have got in at least a good punch! But then who knows if it would have escalated further. KWIM? His face looks good, a little swollen, but no bruising. His knee is fine (not worse than prior). I don't know how Douche is or Mrs. Douche... and quite frankly, I really don't give two beeeeeeeps. I just feel sorry for baby douche having a father like him. I mean really... you are at a family fun place.... not a flippin bar. Leave the fists behind.
No comments:
Post a Comment