Tom and I *used to* eat at Subway Sandwiches because of their vegetarian friendly menu. For those of you that are unaware, Subway offers veggie patties (which are pretty darn tasty) as a substitute for meat. They make a great sandwich called "Veggie Max"- made with the patty, rather than just veggies alone.
Anyhow, about 2 weeks ago Tom, his uncle and a few other guys visited a location here in Ohio after a long hard day of landscaping. While there Tom ordered his usual "Veggie Delight" (just veggies and bread)... the man behind him ordered the veggie patty. Tom thought to himself, "wow, that's cool...didn't know they [Subway] have veggie patties. I'll have to remember that for the next time." ...Next time comes around- he proceeded to order the pattie, when he was rudely told that Subway does not have such a thing. He and the associate from Subway went back and forth about the menu... Tom finally gave up the conversation and decided to call the 800 # on the menu to clarify if there was a misunderstanding from the prior visit.
When the "owner" of the franchised Subway called back (which (BTW) he called over and over again... like 5-6 times leaving messages while we were out), he too began to call Tom a liar, that no such conversation ever occurred with his employee and that Tom must have been hearing and seeing things (in reference to the veggie pattie). According to the owner, Tom NEVER saw it, nor heard it being ORDERED! The owner, Paul Queen, said that Subway does not have patties...end of story.
Nope, not the end Mr. Queen. After they hung up (this was a few days ago) Tom got back on the phone with the 800# and told them how he was treated/spoke to by Paul and that customer service was not a priority at Mr. Queens establishments. All the owner had to do was apologize to Tom for any misunderstanding, and he probably would have left it at that... but because Paul Queen argued, and told Tom he was wrong and a liar, Tom pressed on.
Fast forward to today (keep in mind Paul Queen has called NUMEROUS times), I see on our handy-dandy caller ID that it is him, yet again, calling about something ????...I let the answering machine pick up. This man is a card short of a full deck, has a loose screw, or has bonked his head on the bread oven one to many times. He says on his message that "...this is the mean guy calling you back, you can call me anytime. ...you say that you were mistreated at my store, well that's because you were insistent on having a veggy pattie... Subway doesn't even have veggie patties ...you are dead wrong, maybe you just can't accept to hear that you are wrong, but believe me, you are D E A D wrong". He then states, "I was going to call you to do some landscaping, but you probably can't handle business (something to that effect). ...I imagine you voted for Obama because he can't tell the truth either. ...If you want to be a man about it, you can call me back".
Keep in mind, these are just blurbs that I could pick up from his demonic message. But rest assure, we will be submitting this recording to the Subway Sandwich Corp. office!
So please, spread the word and boycott Subway.
PS- Before Tom had told me about the incident, I ordered ON TWO occasions last week, the Veggie Max from one of Paul's 20 stores in our region. But "Subway doesn't have veggie patties...." As a matter of fact, I think that they have dairy products in them because Isabella was sick shortly after eating one... But "Subway doesn't have veggie patties...."

The Veggie Patty that does not exist...
2 comments:
OMG you even found a pic... too funny Niki... go Tom go!!
holy sh*t! This is insane! I am reading this as I eat a Subway sandwich that I had to argue with the lady who made it about. I asked for a BLT with turkey, she rather rudely said "you mean a turkey bacon?" I said "call it what you want, but I do not want it warm." because this turkey bacon of which she spoke was on the "toasted" section of the menu, I do not like their sandwiches warm, they end up being a muchy pile of steamy poo. Anyway the B*tch toasted the fuckin sandwich. And when I said "I asked that you not warm my sandwich" she got all pissy and said "this is how a turkey bacon is made" and then I said "which is why I asked for a BLT with turkey." She said well if you want another sandwich you'll have to wait at the end of the line, and you should be more clear when you order next time around" Ohhh you better believe there will not be a next time around. I spoke with the manager, she apologized gave me my BLT with turkey and then gave me a gift card for $10. But I am not going back so I gave it to a guy outside the bus depot downtown that asked me for spare change.
Post a Comment