To most it would be a case of the "Mondays". I call it irritability.
Today was a rather blah day. Nothing to exciting. Carly and Abby off at school, Tom resting in bed from an injury, Isabella sleeping her way through teething, and me testing out the kitchen oven all day--hoping to not burn the house down.
Tom spilled a lot of boiling hot water on his foot a few days ago. I'd say he has a 10th degree burn, but there is no such burn. I will say that it looks ugly and he advised me NOT to put a picture on here of it. >:( He has been resting and keeping it clean and well aired.
I got Carly's test scores back. Not where I imagined they'd be...but she is still a bright girl. She got a 120 on her IQ test. Average for her peers is between 84 and 100; so she is clearly out of the norm...but not "gifted"enough. Bleh.
Abby...she is the apple of my eye. She just got bumped up in her reading level. She is also so good with Isabella :). Today she got a pony-tail rubber band stuck in her hair. She was seconds away from cutting a chunk of hair out before I told her "NO!"...thank goodness she put down the scissors!
Isabella is teething. Need I say more? She took a good nap today, and is now flailing her body to and from in her pack-n-play. I have created a monster. She falls asleep in our bedroom, in her pack-n-play, on a nightly basis. Ashamed? Yes, very much. Regret? Eh, sometimes...but she is so gosh darn cute!
Today I managed to make a healthy snack for Isaboo and I...and the kitchen did not burn down! I also fiddled around on the computer. A lot. Too much almost. I did fax off some items to OSU, so I accomplished something today!
That's all for today. Simply put, irritability.
Sweet Potato Fries with Cucumber-Mint dip
Sweet Potatoes
** Preheat oven to 350*
** Cut SP into fry cuts & place on greased cookie sheet
** Spice with 1/8tsp nutmeg & cinnamon
** Add salt and pepper to taste
** Bake for 30 minutes, turning once (15 minutes)
Cucumber-Mint Dip
** 1 1/2 C plain soy yogurt
** ~4 Tbsp diced cucumber
** Dash of cinnamon
** Pinch of finely cut fresh mint
** Combine and mix all, refrigerate until ready to serve
IF THIS IS ALREADY A RECIPE BY SOMEONE, ANYONE...SO BE IT. I MIXED THESE INGREDIENTS THIS WAY AND ENJOYED IT!
PS, this also goes good with vegetarian or vegan chicken nuggets
Monday, February 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment