So Channel 6 news did a segment on teens 'coming out' at an early age. After thinking about it and discussing the issue with both Carly and Abby, not to mention all the suicides that occurred in September, we agreed to go on camera with our story.
It will air on November 3, 2010... so I will have a new blog when that comes out... haha no pun intended!
Here are the e-mails that transpired between myself, Glenn (director of KYC) and Bob Kendrick, news anchorman from ABC6
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hi Nichole-
I wanted to talk to you and your husband about a request we got from Channel 6. Jen and I met with Bob Kendrick from Channel 6 last week. He is interested on doing a piece on youth who are coming out at an earlier age. He wants to interview a family who is supportive of their child in the process. Jen and I thought of you. I’m wondering if you guys would be interesting in being interviewed for this piece. Let me know what your initial thoughts are. We can chat more about this in person or over the phone.
Thanks!
Glenn
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Glenn-
Hi Nichole-
I wanted to talk to you and your husband about a request we got from Channel 6. Jen and I met with Bob Kendrick from Channel 6 last week. He is interested on doing a piece on youth who are coming out at an earlier age. He wants to interview a family who is supportive of their child in the process. Jen and I thought of you. I’m wondering if you guys would be interesting in being interviewed for this piece. Let me know what your initial thoughts are. We can chat more about this in person or over the phone.
Thanks!
Glenn
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Glenn-
As far as the interview, let us talk it over with Carly and Abby (Carly's younger sister) first. We plan on chatting tonight, so I will let you know by Friday evening. That is a HUGE step for Carly, as well as us as a family. My initial thoughts are yes, but I still want to protect my daughter- so we will let her make the choice.
Nichole
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Nichole-
Nichole
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Nichole-
Yes, an interview would be a huge step. I probably don’t need to say this but it is 100% not a problem if you decide not to do it. Keep me posted.
And see you here on Saturday.
Thanks,
Glenn
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hi Nichole,
That’s great. I will email Bob Kendrick that you are interested in the interview and the you all can connect that way. Let me know if you’d like for Jen or I to be involved in any way. Thanks for agreeing to do this.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hi Niki,
Glenn Zermeno at Kaleidoscope Youth Center let me know that he's spoken with
you and that you would be willing to do an on camera interview for our story
on gay teens. Basically, it's about the trend of teens 'coming out' earlier
and the pros and cons
I see us coming to your home to get you interacting with your child and
also some of her at the Youth Center.
Could you please let me know the best time to get you all together. I'd like
to get this portion of the story shot this week.
Also, if you can give me a good time to call, so we can talk about your
story beforehand, that would be great. You can call me anytime, at the
number below.
Thanks again for your time and I hope we can talk soon!
Bob Kendrick
ABC 6 - FOX 28
And see you here on Saturday.
Thanks,
Glenn
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hi Nichole,
That’s great. I will email Bob Kendrick that you are interested in the interview and the you all can connect that way. Let me know if you’d like for Jen or I to be involved in any way. Thanks for agreeing to do this.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hi Niki,
Glenn Zermeno at Kaleidoscope Youth Center let me know that he's spoken with
you and that you would be willing to do an on camera interview for our story
on gay teens. Basically, it's about the trend of teens 'coming out' earlier
and the pros and cons
I see us coming to your home to get you interacting with your child and
also some of her at the Youth Center.
Could you please let me know the best time to get you all together. I'd like
to get this portion of the story shot this week.
Also, if you can give me a good time to call, so we can talk about your
story beforehand, that would be great. You can call me anytime, at the
number below.
Thanks again for your time and I hope we can talk soon!
Bob Kendrick
ABC 6 - FOX 28
No comments:
Post a Comment