Saturday, September 11, 2010

Unvailing and recasting

Somewhere under all that padding is a leg. Somewhere!

All that padding for this? LOL!

The 'U' mark is where they broke his ankle... the stitches are, well, where the doctor went in!



about three inches of remainder stitches that were left out.
I have no idea why... but they were long!
Pooled up blood new his heal- lots of bruising :(

Looking at the surgery site from top/side.
It was super swollen and bruised- but you can't really see the bruising in any of these pictures.



I offended the tech by taking tons of pictures- so I didn't take any while Tom was getting the new hard cast on. Bright pink! Whata man!
I have never seen a cast be put on- so it was pretty cool to watch. First the tech put a larger sock over Toms leg- cutting out the toe part and part of the top of the foot. The he dipped the casting into water. Next he wrapped Toms leg. Four castings later and a top pink cast, and he was done.
Everyone back home got to sign his hot pink cast!






I like mine the best!
\"Ouch, this is what happens when you mix alcohol and mt. dew" :D









No comments: